The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cheap horsepower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by solofantasy
    YES THERE IS A WAY!

weight deduction, strip ALL the interior and excessive weights. you will feel a differents
    haha dude fuck gutting the interior...ruins ur car...hes not building a track car...he just wants more power in a DAILY driver...so gutting= nogo...and taking out his spare tire wont do nething...

just get nitrous man, altho i tend to disagree with it...if its done right nitrous is very beneficial..good luck!

smittys15
    yeah guttin the interior is stupid i want a good runnin daily driver not a track car

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by smittys15
    yeah guttin the interior is stupid i want a good runnin daily driver not a track car
    want a powerful daily driver? go get a maxima.

im looking for a >10g 5 speed right now...if i find one im saying goodbye to the G.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    nitrous. simple cut and dry

im surprised a lot of you here believe in nitrous..i mean a couple of sprays of that shit can totally kill an engine (melted pistons)...but it is a cheap alternative...its just refilling the bottle can get costly...how many runs can u get off a 10lb bottle? 5? in the end it would be cheaper to turbo than to refill the bottle x amount of times...plus turbo is safer.

although i am surprised i have not gone the nitrous route yet...always nice to be able to flick that switch.

GGS
    nitrous doesnt melt pistons, heat melts pistons. Too much heat happens when you have too much nitrous and not enough fuel. If you use nitrous, its a good idea to use a Wet Kit because it injects both nitrous and fuel together, its also a good idea to get a FPR and a upgraded pump. Alot of people skimp on getting the pump and FPR and just get the nitrous system. A pump and FPR costs about $200 new, they can be had for much less used, dont skimp, do it the right way, and dont worry about it blowing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>nitrous. simple cut and dry</div>

im surprised a lot of you here believe in nitrous..i mean a couple of sprays of that shit can totally kill an engine (melted pistons)...but it is a cheap alternative...its just refilling the bottle can get costly...how many runs can u get off a 10lb bottle? 5? in the end it would be cheaper to turbo than to refill the bottle x amount of times...plus turbo is safer.

although i am surprised i have not gone the nitrous route yet...always nice to be able to flick that switch.

GGS</div>

nitrous has yet to destroy anyone's motor. it's misuse and shitty tuning that leads to busted engines and crying ricers. done right and properly, you can run nitrous for years and have a nice, strong, healthy engine. just because ricer tom with his honda civic down the street ran nitrous for a week and blew his motor cause he was spraying at 140mph in 5th gear doesn't mean it will blow everyone's motor. it's not as simple as buying the kit and following the instructions to install and use it. modifications to the fuel system, timing, tuning, ignition and method of use all need to be made.

talk to anyone who's done a significant amount of research or has some real experience, not your homeboys that think they know their ish cause they saw a nitrous bottle. next time someone says It BlOw YoUr mOtOr FoOOL! ask them why and see how rediculous their answer is.

people love to rip on it because they don't know shit about it, and it's a lot of people's solution to their speed (or lack of) problem. it's an easy putdown when someone shows up to race with a nitrous kit because he just wanted a cheap alternative and everyone else is simply jealous of the speed and power.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Virginia (If I showed you where I live, you would think I was hiding)
    [quote="peanotation
    nitrous has yet to destroy anyone's motor. it's misuse and shitty tuning that leads to busted engines and crying ricers. done right and properly, you can run nitrous for years and have a nice, strong, healthy engine. just because ricer tom with his honda civic down the street ran nitrous for a week and blew his motor cause he was spraying at 140mph in 5th gear doesn't mean it will blow everyone's motor. it's not as simple as buying the kit and following the instructions to install and use it. modifications to the fuel system, timing, tuning, ignition and method of use all need to be made.

talk to anyone who's done a significant amount of research or has some real experience, not your homeboys that think they know their ish cause they saw a nitrous bottle. next time someone says It BlOw YoUr mOtOr FoOOL! ask them why and see how rediculous their answer is.

people love to rip on it because they don't know shit about it, and it's a lot of people's solution to their speed (or lack of) problem. it's an easy putdown when someone shows up to race with a nitrous kit because he just wanted a cheap alternative and everyone else is simply jealous of the speed and power.[/quote]

Nicely said peano. I think you've just convinced me to run a nitrous setup.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>nitrous. simple cut and dry</div>

GGS</div>

people love to rip on it because they don't know shit about it, and it's a lot of people's solution to their speed (or lack of) problem. it's an easy putdown when someone shows up to race with a nitrous kit because he just wanted a cheap alternative and everyone else is simply jealous of the speed and power.</div>

Nicely said peano. I think you've just convinced me to run a nitrous setup.

To Be Missed....... Otto Racing WAI, K&N Air Filter, Otto Racing Performance Muffler, Header, GReddy Voltage Stabilizer, Strut Bar, APC Aluminum Shifter, Painted Calipers, M3 Mirrors, Optix Headlight Strobes, Audiovox 7.5" DVD Player/Monitor, JVC SD11 Headunit, Pioneer Premier 6x9s, Pioneer Premier 6 1/2s, 12' Rockford Fosgate Punch HX, Lanzar 1200W Amp.

yeah no doubt.

and its not like a turbo or a blower can't blow your motor.

same principles man.

more air= more power. more air needs more fuel, can't supply the fuel you melt shit.

one thing that nitrous has over compressor boost, is the cooling properties of nitrogen.

nitrous with proper fuel support and timing control can be safer than turbo boost

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

So, what's a safe amount for an engine that has about 100k miles on it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsuree8thgen)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, what's a safe amount for an engine that has about 100k miles on it?</div>

i ran a 55shot on my motor from 130-150K miles. she's at 167K now and still stronger than a horse getting blown by a farm girl.

it's still not that easy to do properly and definitely isn't for noobs. there's a lot of rules and things to abide by, and a nitrous kit certainly requires a lot of additional modifications to support the extra power. but the reward is sweet.....oh so sweet.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12