The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shave emblems

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    3diamond

shave emblems

i'm probably the only one here without a shaved emblem. can somebody show me some instructions what should i do and what to use to take it off. thanks for info!

BlueESV6
    Most of the people on the boards talked about using fishing line to "cut" through the sticky tape holding on the emblems.

You'll have to get the rest of the glue/tape off. You may want to use your finger to rub it off or try some solvent like goo off or lighter fluid.

Then polish it back up.

I guess i was lucky as mine pretty much fell off (I had to have body work because someone hit me). I guess the glue the body shop used wasn't that great....

Good Luck

Supernova
    I used peanut butter to get the hard to get sticky stuff off. Didn't leave anything behind or discolor the paint.

Senior TGC Member
    I used my hairdryer to warm up the glue, and used my fingers...and now I wish I hadn't because it hurt like...the quarterdeck Peeled off the residue, was happy no damage had occured, cleaned it up with rubbing alcohol, and applied my new emblem...so therefore you can't be the only one without shaved emblems because I still have emblems
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I just went out it was like 90 degrees...................and used dental floss............................................. it came off easy

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

I just pulled mine off...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337