The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: K&N Air Filters...

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Experienced TGC Member

K&N Air Filters...

Its that time again where i need to replace my stock air filter. Right now i have the Purolator filter. And on my last full tank i got 374.9 miles. Now i keep on hearing that K&N Air filters are far more superior to the Purolators. And you can re-use them by simply cleaning the filter. Now is the K&N Air filter really that much more beneficial than the Purolator? I believe the cost of a K&N filter is about $45. A Purolator filter is about $15. For the extra $30 is the K&N reeeally worth it???

smittys15
    i would get the k&n i got it on my car and my 4wheeler it beats the hell out of buyin a new one all the time. u just gotta clean it and slap it back in

Experienced TGC Member
    How much does the cleaning kit cost?

cleaning kit is 10 bucks and you can use it more than once.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>cleaning kit is 10 bucks and you can use it more than once.</div>

Yeah, I'm still using mine, and have used it liberally for 4 cleanings/oilings, and it looks like I still have a few more cleanings out of the kit.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>pinoyesv6 Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:02 am Â* Â*Post subject: Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    cleaning kit is 10 bucks and you can use it more than once. </div>

Ok...so the filter is $45. Im assuming about every 3months the filter will need to be cleaned/replaced. So in 12 months i will have spent about $55 on the K&N Filter. In 12 months i wouldve spent about $75 on the Purolator.

Ok so have any of you guys seen power gains or mpg increase with the K&N Filter?

Thanks for all the feedback!

i've had my k&n for about 50k already and i've only cleaned it once, when it had 30k on it. the k&n filter works better when its dirty, but not too dirty.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok so have any of you guys seen power gains or mpg increase with the K&N Filter?

Thanks for all the feedback! </div>

When I had the drop-in filter, I didn't notice any gains power or mpg wise. I've got one in my Grand Caravan, and haven't seen any gains on that car either. Its more of a long term money saver than anything (not having to buy new paper filters) and a convenience, since on the Caravan, its a bit of a pain to get to the air filter.

K&N is crap! dont buy it, it flows slightly more air than stock.

however, K&N or any other oil gauze filters has the worst filtration! DO A RESEARCH and you will know!

FRAM brand filters are pretty good for the Galant. check it out, it has the highest filtration yet.

I personally use TRUE FLOW (check them out on the web). i like them fine, they are thick oil Foam filters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>K&N is crap! dont buy it, it flows slightly more air than stock. Â*

however, K&N or any other oil gauze filters has the worst filtration! DO A RESEARCH and you will know!

FRAM brand filters are pretty good for the Galant. check it out, it has the highest filtration yet.

I personally use TRUE FLOW (check them out on the web). i like them fine, they are thick oil Foam filters.</div>
    8) I bought the FRAM but I don't think there is a big different between them (just dont be angry).

I will never put anything from that company on my car, if they save money on the air filters like they do the oil filters (card board inside sticker!)...this is from personal experience, not the crap you see on the internet.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown