The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about fuel filter

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

question about fuel filter

is there a certain timeline for when it needs to be changed?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    what kind of engine? cuz i know for the i4, its inside the gas tank. it doesnt have to be changed.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

all i know is that its a 2.4L engine in a 1995 Galant S
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luke9511)</div><div class='quotemain'>all i know is that its a 2.4L engine in a 1995 Galant S</div>

well you drive an I4 7G. i have a I4 8G. it should still be inside the gas tank man. i dont think you need to change it. is there something wrong with your car or just thinking of changing it?

just thinking of changing it and didnt know where it was at so i kinda figured someone may say where its at aswell
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    8g does not have a changeable fuel filter, 7g does. If you follow the fuel line that connects to the pasenger side of the fuel rail it will lead you right to it on the firewall. Its just a black cylinder with two lines connecting to it. Believe its an 18mm top banjo bolt or maybe bigger.

Not sure on the mileage that it needs to be replaced, but its a cheap part that can be purchased at any parts store, and its not hard to replace really.

Are you having problems or just curious?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>8g does not have a changeable fuel filter, 7g does. Â*If you follow the fuel line that connects to the pasenger side of the fuel rail it will lead you right to it. Â*Believe its an 18mm top banjo bolt or maybe bigger.

Not sure on the mileage that it needs to be replaced, but its a cheap part that can be purchased at any parts store, and its not hard to replace really.

Are you having problems or just curious?</div>

well like i said above your post i was curious and was wondering where it was at,also it seems as if my car dont accelerate aswell as it probably should,its kinda slugish i guess is a good word for it
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luke9511)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>8g does not have a changeable fuel filter, 7g does. Â*If you follow the fuel line that connects to the pasenger side of the fuel rail it will lead you right to it. Â*Believe its an 18mm top banjo bolt or maybe bigger.

well like i said above your post i was curious and was wondering where it was at,also it seems as if my car dont accelerate aswell as it probably should,its kinda slugish i guess is a good word for it</div>

plugs and wires man. maybe an oil change. get a tune up done and you should be good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luke9511)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>8g does not have a changeable fuel filter, 7g does. Â*If you follow the fuel line that connects to the pasenger side of the fuel rail it will lead you right to it. Â*Believe its an 18mm top banjo bolt or maybe bigger.

well like i said above your post i was curious and was wondering where it was at,also it seems as if my car dont accelerate aswell as it probably should,its kinda slugish i guess is a good word for it</div>

plugs and wires man. maybe an oil change. get a tune up done and you should be good.</div>

plugs and wires? and im going to be changing the oil pretty soon as its due for one,just gotta get the stuff and get to my uncles
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

fuel filter is a important change.

you lose top end power cause of a restricted or clogged fuel filter. basically since the fuel filter becomes a restriction, the fuel flow is reduced and it ends up running lower than yoru fuel pressure regulator is set at.
    i believe the fuel filter is a 45,000 mile part.

but most 7g's are still running the factory one.

if you have never changed it, count on it being the original.

and change it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Does the car run funny or misfire under acelleration? Or just runs normal, just feels slow and un-responsive? You can change the spark plugs and spark plug wires if they look corroded, fuel filter, change the oil and oil filter, possibly run some fueil injector cleaning or sea foam before you change the fuel filter.

Any check engine lights?
    7g for life!

oh yes i do have the CEL every now and then while im driving i have read on 2 other forums that it means it could be a sensor going bad but then again it could be anything,i would like to get it checked but im in college and dont have a job(but thats cause im to lazy)
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>8g does not have a changeable fuel filter, 7g does. Â*If you follow the fuel line that connects to the pasenger side of the fuel rail it will lead you right to it on the firewall. Â*Its just a black cylinder with two lines connecting to it. Â*Believe its an 18mm top banjo bolt or maybe bigger.

do you have a pic of it as i saw a few black cylinders with 1 or 2 lines connecting to them
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

What year is your car? If you have a CEL and its 96+ Autozone can read the code for you for free.

I can get a picture of the fuel filter, but basically if you follow the fuel line by the throttle body it leads you right to it on the firewall and will be bolted to the firewall with two 10/12mm bolts.
    7g for life!

its a 1995 galant S
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luke9511)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you have a pic of it as i saw a few black cylinders with 1 or 2 lines connecting to them</div>

It's on the left side of the engine bay (standing in front of the car looking toward the firewall) follow the fuel line from the fuel rail straight back, you can't miss it.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.