The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: where be all the turbos?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    my mabifold is out of 3g eclipse gst....not 1g...
    note that 1g manifolds are smaller, and also 2g manifold flow way better than 1g. Also Mante don't forget to read my post "there goes my turbo"
    so this way u will save yourself some money, cuz i melted the piston in the first three weeks. Get an egt ggauge - it is a must....get cold spark plugs, good ass fuel pump ( i have walbro 255) . Injectors and safc is a must if u want to boost more than 5psi...good luck with your project mante..
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

only $500, Mante? where'd you get the turbo?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fastgalants)</div><div class='quotemain'>only $500, Mante? where'd you get the turbo?</div>

got the 14b, 1g manifold, o2 sensor and something else for 200 from someone off dsmtrader.com Now that I check it on a regular basis I see that type of deal all the time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>my mabifold is out of 3g eclipse gst....not 1g...
    note that 1g manifolds are smaller, and also 2g manifold flow way better than 1g. Also Mante don't forget to read my post "there goes my turbo"
    so this way u will save yourself some money, cuz i melted the piston in the first three weeks. Get an egt ggauge - it is a must....get cold spark plugs, good ass fuel pump ( i have walbro 255) . Injectors and safc is a must if u want to boost more than 5psi...good luck with your project mante..</div>

Damn, that I didnt know. :oops: Thanks for the info and the insight. I printed the "there goes my turbo" thread hehe to make sure I dont forget anything. Honestly the 8g will remain at 5lbs only just a test run forawhile ya know. Be sides if I want to go faster I'll park the 8g and jump on the R1 :twisted:

i don't know exactly how many pounds can u push with stock fuel components - get an egt gauge and air/fuel ratio to monitor your fuel and exhaust gas temperature. This way you will know what's going on with your engine.
    Check out my ride at:

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>What to choose NIck's twin turbo vr-4 or Ak1's 18g Turbonetics turbo.. ohh lord decisions, decisions..lol.. I think we need a poll..lmao.. </div>

20g oh yea shane correct me if Im wrong..but you cant possibly want more power?? whoa</div>

More power, i've always want more power.. .. Just for me there is no such thing as not enough power.. Im gonna push as much or pull as much power out this 2.4l 16valve motor as possible till i blow it up again or until well... u know...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

kemist - why don't u get a t3/4 then?????
    everybody knows that this is the best true and tried turbocharget by garret.
    I don't know what is your setup, but if your tranny is not rebuild then u will be able ti not boost it much - therefore u will have a lag and spoolup will suck too. T3/T4 is defeniatly for 12 psi and over.....
    16g can handle 20psi for sure - and let me tell u - they spool nice.
    Check out my ride at:

ken inn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mante
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastgalants
    only $500, Mante? where'd you get the turbo?
    got the 14b, 1g manifold, o2 sensor and something else for 200 from someone off dsmtrader.com Now that I check it on a regular basis I see that type of deal all the time
    the 1g exh manifold is a pos. it will crack, i guarantee. the 2g is the way to go, much more nickel alloy in it, and it flows a lot better. that exh manifold in the pic is a 2g, not a 1g.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Galant
    kemist - why don't u get a t3/4 then?????
    everybody knows that this is the best true and tried turbocharget by garret.
    I don't know what is your setup, but if your tranny is not rebuild then u will be able ti not boost it much - therefore u will have a lag and spoolup will suck too. T3/T4 is defeniatly for 12 psi and over.....
    16g can handle 20psi for sure - and let me tell u - they spool nice.
    The tranny is not re-built but i was the first of the 8g's to Get teh L10 Torque converter and i just got the tranny kit w/cooler about a month ago... t3t4 is what i would want to do, but i keep seening my friends t-68, and he can boost at 20psi just for street.. that shit just blows my mind.. What im thinking of doing is running the Ripps Turbo, re-build my 2nd motor for low compression boost and build her back up.. The only thing i would probably change would be from using Forged JE rods and pistons to forged Crower Rods and pistons, that is what my boy is running on his t-68... I could have done the 16g a while ago, just in my garage alone i have (2) t-25 turbines, (1) 16g and (1) 18g.. the only reason it is in there, because my boy has a sentra that we are going to throw the 16g in.. the other 3 turbines left i have complete parts, exhaust manifold, oil and vacum lines, ecu's, fmic from Sparco (dont ask, its a long story), 2 .255 fuel pumps, and a whole lot of other parts... Just waiting for the right moment to either buy Ripps or custom fab mine, which i can do in a couple days...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

KEMIST: why wwold you buy something that u can make yourself?
    I mean I am not talkking about going out to the dinner because you are too lazy to make it yourself. WE are talkning about TURBO man!
    That is some serious shit...Besides if u know turbos, you now that custom kits are better than "complete" kits from companies which sometimes never seen a car before in their shop....

Second thing is that if i knew how to do a turbo installation, I would be more than happy to do it. I can build computers, and I do it well, but I can't build a turbo setup for myself because there is A LOT of shit to do....not to mention you gotta know how to weld things...

GOOD LUCK with your setup.....and do yourself a favor....build it yourself and save your $$$$...
    Check out my ride at:

Only reason i would buy a turbo than build it, is because of the look factor.. I want it to look as complete and clean as possible, even thought i would take my time to do it.. But just cant decide on what to do.. There is just to much stuff to think about.. The only thing keeping me from doing it, is will i blow the tranny up.. I wont do it until i can get a 5-speed, because i know i will though the 18g in the motor, and im lookin at boost no less than 14psi.. If i build it, the most it will cost me is about $1,000 apprx, if even that to do it.. since i have all parts, all i woud need really is new electronics, and a engine lift..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12