The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stereo DIN size on the 9g (specifically on the ES)

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Stereo DIN size on the 9g (specifically on the ES)

I have a standard factory stereo which is one DIN but there is a space below, does that make a double DIN? I'm planning to get a double DIN stereo to make a clean look. also how do i get rid of the 'e com' error message on the dash after putting a aftermarket stereo in? thanks
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

I don't know about the error message. But that will equal a double din

it will read error, thus far there is nothing to bypass it. A double din should fit perfect. or customize it.

thanks , the e comm error is going to bother me for a while, but i'll find a way to fix it or cover it in a clean way
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TKEhandgrenade76)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks Â*:D , the e comm error is going to bother me for a while, but i'll find a way to fix it or Â*cover it in a clean way</div>

Find the wire that gives that mini screen its power and >8 it

Here's the info you need from a post I made on another forum.

Actually the ecomm error can be corrected quite easliy. This will however require a trip to best buy unless you can find the part online. You'll need a reverse harness to power the factory radio. Then plug that stupid extra plug back in the stock radio and bury the factory radio in the dash. The part # for the reverse harness is 71-7001. All that you have to wire up is constant accy and you'll have to make a ground for the stock radio. Any other questions pm me.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.