The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Loss Prevention

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Loss Prevention

How does a car owner prevent their car from being towed? are there any mods, forms of protection that are possible? This is good to know, not for fighting the law enforcement, but for avoiding getting ur whip stolen by tow truck owners....:-/

Slam it down on bags... hehe. Friend does that with his old chevy truck.

galant_got_speed
    well at school we had to buy parking passes for the year if we wanted to drive to school...if you didnt have one you got towed no questions asked...i said fuck them and i locked the wheel all the way in one direction and jacked the e-brake...did they tow my car you ask?

NOPE.

if they did they would have damaged it and i would have sued their motherfucking asses.... :twisted:

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>SpicyGalant Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:34 am Â* Â*Post subject: Loss Prevention Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    How does a car owner prevent their car from being towed? are there any mods, forms of protection that are possible? This is good to know, not for fighting the law enforcement, but for avoiding getting ur whip stolen by tow truck owners....:-/ </div>

Im guessing you missed a couple of car payments...and now the Repo man is after your Galant huh? Tsk Tsk Tsk Well if you want, you could always remove a rear tire. That way itd be pretty impossible for the bastards to tow your shit.

Nah seriously though....Repo men these days have some pretty ingenious technology when it comes to grabbin a car. So i would say your best bet would prolly be to do as Galant got speed did...."lock your E-Brake". I dont think any Repo man is going to drag your car down the street with your tires squealing...and if i remember correctly, FWD cars have to be towed from the front. Not the rear.

Experienced TGC Member
    it really doesn't matter what you do,

majority of tow truck drivers have GoJacks now,

I think the only way is to park it in a closed garage, not do anything illegal, etc...

you can turn your wheels, lock them w/ e-brake, etc...

but they almost always find a way..
    -Chris

Experienced TGC Member
    locking ur ebrake is going to do anything, they can just slim jim your door and let down your brake.... i've seen that numerous of times, and locking ur wheels isn't gonna do anygood also, like quicksilver said, the have those go jacks now. they only thing I could say is get that mod on ur alarm that makes ur shit go off if ur car is jacked up.. at least that wakes u up and get a pistol and shoot a warning shot to scared the driver away

My dad owns a Rollback, and I have helped him tow alot of cars. If worse come to worse you can just pull the car on with the winch, and spray WD-40 under the tires against the aluminum decking, and it will slide on. Hell it would slide on if there were no tires on the car.

If it is a Rollback there is nothing really you can do, we have pulled on cars before that had the tires cut tough, and ebrake on. Haha we just lower the deck and tilt it right by the front tires, one sprays and one works the levers. Goes on in about 3 mins. Strap it down and bail.

Most Repos automatically dispatch a rollback truck. E brake wont help at all.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    well, it may also be because you owe parking tickets. But whatever the reason my be. My car got toed while i was at a club in NYC, WITH THE E BRAKE ON. I parked at a no parking. So Spicy, i haven't really heard of any ways to prevent that from happening.

by the way, turning your wheels will fuck up your alingment if you get toed.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member
    Well...fight fire with fire!!! Remove two tires! Ha! Thatll show those Repo men! 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well...fight fire with fire!!! Remove two tires! Ha! Thatll show those Repo men!</div>
    Most Repos automatically dispatch a rollback truck

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>AVERAGE Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:25 am Â* Â*Post subject: Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Â*
    6G72Galant wrote: Â*
    Well...fight fire with fire!!! Remove two tires! Ha! Thatll show those Repo men! Â*

Most Repos automatically dispatch a rollback truck. E brake wont help at all. </div>

So how do you tow a car with only two tires??? Riddle me that Batman :twisted: !!! HaHahh!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>it really doesn't matter what you do,

majority of tow truck drivers have GoJacks now, Â*

I think the only way is to park it in a closed garage, not do anything illegal, etc... Â*

but they almost always find a way..</div> And I'm spent.....

unfortunately the old saying stays truer then ever.

If they want it
    they'll get it.

With a tow truck.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

We have never done it, but some dudes have wood that is sanded smooth on one side, they just lift the car enough to get one under any part of the car that is touching the ground (usually the rotors, unless the car was wrecked) and just pull it on. It tears up the wood some, but you just have to resand it smooth. Thats if they dont have GoJacks ofcourse.

The only way you can stop a car from getting towed in locking it in a building somewhere. If you have a manual, don't think that leaving it in gear will help, we just crank em on anyway. Some people say it fucks the trannys up, some say its fine. Either way there is no way to prove it. Some cars make a terrible noise when you pull em on in gear, besides the tire noise squeeling. Ohh well...not our car really. As long as we don't obviously ruin anything, tow truck drivers don't care. Even if they do break shit, we have insurance. You can't sue a tow truck driver for ruining your shit, either the yards insurance covers it, or the drivers insurance does. And thats if you can prove it happened before they picked the car up. Which is very hard to do. Especially with the little stuff like scrapes and dents/dings.

just find a way to buy one of these...

A Boot

That will mess with them for awhile

Thank you! a boot! lol does that help prevent towing? - after I get all my responses ill give the story lol but yea....a boot! how bout that lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>it really doesn't matter what you do,

majority of tow truck drivers have GoJacks now, Â*

I think the only way is to park it in a closed garage, not do anything illegal, etc... Â*

but they almost always find a way..</div> And I'm spent..... </div>

If they have a jack like this, a boot can't do anything. I recommend you to call your bank and make some payments agreements. If you can’t , park you car in different place with out your plate and hide your bin number.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    i work next to the precint, so i see all kinds of shit.

ive seen a tow truck driver push a s-class on 20's on gojacks into the parking lot.

they can steal/repo ANYTHING with a gojack. just gojack the bitch and roll it down the street

7G_Beater
    If they want it they will get it... if you don't want it towed- put it in storage in a locked building.
    Cover your VIN with something and put different tags or remove them. If you leave it on the street it doesn't matter what you do to it to keep it from being moved- they will tow it no matter what/ rack-n-jack or roll back they'll get it.
    The only other way I've seen people keep from getting repoed is by parking it in a lot and having someone park other cars in front of it blocking it in... atleast in PA they are not allowed to touch the other cars to get to the target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast