The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 77
    galant_got_speed

Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

Well after months and months of convincing them NOT to buy american made cars or Hyundai's...they finally took my advice and bought a 2002 Galant ES V6....now my uncle is throwing the fact that it has 200 horse and 6 cylinders in my face...my cousin is getting his license soon and said hes gunna race me.....my question...how badly will i lose?

i have heard stories of people keeping up with the V6's...is the only way thru a 5 speed swap?

Proto

Re: Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well after months and months of convincing them NOT to buy american made cars or Hyundai's...they finally took my advice and bought a 2002 Galant ES V6....now my uncle is throwing the fact that it has 200 horse and 6 cylinders in my face...my cousin is getting his license soon and said hes gunna race me.....my question...how badly will i lose?

i have heard stories of people keeping up with the V6's...is the only way thru a 5 speed swap?</div>

you'll get your ass handed to you. i dont have much trouble keeping up with V6 8G's though.

galant_got_speed

Re: Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well after months and months of convincing them NOT to buy american made cars or Hyundai's...they finally took my advice and bought a 2002 Galant ES V6....now my uncle is throwing the fact that it has 200 horse and 6 cylinders in my face...my cousin is getting his license soon and said hes gunna race me.....my question...how badly will i lose?

i have heard stories of people keeping up with the V6's...is the only way thru a 5 speed swap?</div>

you'll get your ass handed to you. i dont have much trouble keeping up with V6 8G's though.</div>

i was afraid of that...will the 5 spd swap put me to their level? i just lost my job a few weeks back so money is at a very minimal state...this auto tranny kills me more and more everyday...

lately ive been losing to my friend in his 1991 maxima (beat him a few times b4) because he is getting better at shifting...he beats me right off the line everytime becuase of a shitload of auto tranny lag...with a 5 speed i have no doubts i could torch him..its all about the tranny these days

Experienced TGC Member
    I highly suggest that you not race your cousin.... Especially IF HE IS JUST GETTING HIS LICENSE...... WOW.... i would say that this is a "who is the better driver race" But. A. Your cousin is more than likely not experienced and B. It takes no fucking skill to "race" an automatic. You hit the gas and go!! But id say...... a V6 vs an I4 in the same exact cars (Galants) the I4 would lose considering that the V6 MIGHT weigh 3-500 lbs more and he has a definate HP gain on you. http://www.zippyvideos.com/795295080542969...s_sciontcturbo/ Watch and learn..........

Wow didnt know that the 2002 V6 came with those extra horses. Must have gotten a special edition that all the others here dont have. Unless he is throwing crank HP in your face...then I would laugh at him...and say ha-ha. you only have 150hp to the wheels.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow didnt know that the 2002 V6 came with those extra horses. Â*Must have gotten a special edition that all the others here dont have. Â*Unless he is throwing crank HP in your face...then I would laugh at him...and say ha-ha. you only have 150hp to the wheels.</div>

A HP gain is a HP gain reguardless of how you look at it.. Because the I4 has 143 HP and im not sure but i highly doubt we have more than 100 at the wheel.....

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wow didnt know that the 2002 V6 came with those extra horses. Â*Must have gotten a special edition that all the others here dont have. Â*Unless he is throwing crank HP in your face...then I would laugh at him...and say ha-ha. you only have 150hp to the wheels.</div>

haha yah well he understands crank/wheel horse but anyone who doesnt race for pinks or isnt a serious tuner always compare crank horse instead of wheel horse...so hes around 150 u say? i think im prob around 105...ouch. oh well.

Yeah its just funny because when someone goes on the dyno and only get 96HP when they think they have 140..its just great. I love the dumbfounded look on their faces. Damn Honda boys.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    1/2 year back...
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was kind of upset about not even breaking 100. so upset i didnt even go to a local meet that i spent all day prepairing for Â*:( Â*
    i guess a good reason is that the afc isnt fully "installed" i need to find a stronger point to tap into the RPM wire.
    anywhoo my performance mods are as follows:
    AEM CAI
    superman decal
    DC header w/ custom exaust
    walbro 190 fuel pump
    S-AFC II
    magnacore plugs + wires

someone please tell me this isnt bad.</div>

galant_got_speed
    wow are you serious....but the galant is pretty peppy...i can definitely feel some power...but jesus 95 horse and 110 torque?!?!

SAD.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar

just pore it on my open wound

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    just pore it on my open wound</div>

plus u had mods...where does that put me?! >90whp? >100tq?

i envy you guys who have money...seeing these numbers makes me even more ambitious to do heavy mods...down the road in about 2 years.

cant believe i ever wanted to get rid of my 8g tho..im starting to become REALLY attached to it like im sure some of you have...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    just pore it on my open wound</div>

plus u had mods...where does that put me?! >90whp? >100tq?

i envy you guys who have money...seeing these numbers makes me even more ambitious to do heavy mods...down the road in about 2 years.

cant believe i ever wanted to get rid of my 8g tho..im starting to become REALLY attached to it like im sure some of you have...</div>

HAHAHAHA... I know the feeling man.. I FUCKING HATED my 7G when i first got it because it had so many problems. But now i wouldnt trade her for the world (unless someone gave me a Neon SRT-4 for her )

galant_got_speed
    wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Ahhh man.. Here we go again with the neon joke.... Lets see.. give up a N/A car with 143 HP for a "Neon" with 250 HP already with 5 speed in it.... Yea.. Its just a neon.. Though no STOCK Galant in america could hold a fuckin candle to it.... Come on think before you want to touch my balls LMAO

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Ahhh man.. Here we go again with the neon joke.... Lets see.. give up a N/A car with 143 HP for a "Neon" with 250 HP already with 5 speed in it.... Yea.. Its just a neon.. Though no STOCK Galant in america could hold a fuckin candle to it.... Come on think before you want to touch my balls LMAO</div>

if someone gave me an SRT-4...id sell it, buy a G, turbo/5 spd swap it and upgrade the shit out of it...and still prob be under what ud pay for an SRT-4...Neon drivers get made fun of man...because they drive Neons..i dont care if it can run 10's...its a neon lol

8G fo' life.

ill touch your balls anyway

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    The V6 Galant is slow...i don't know how you 4-banger boys survive

word to the wise...don't race your soon to be licensed cousin as others have said, it's just asking for trouble

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

I agree, I would never want an SRT4. This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.
    Love,
    Matt

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

i mean..its not that they are bad cars, they have great potential and are pretty quick stock...its just the fanbase...they are all for the most part uneducated pricks driving the car mommy and daddy bought them and they think they can beat everything...a car like the Galant where the USDM version doesnt come fast stock...the part of you MAKING it fast is whats so great...for the most part gives you a lot of street credit.

i will never buy a car that is fast stock.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Ahhh man.. Here we go again with the neon joke.... Lets see.. give up a N/A car with 143 HP for a "Neon" with 250 HP already with 5 speed in it.... Yea.. Its just a neon.. Though no STOCK Galant in america could hold a fuckin candle to it.... Come on think before you want to touch my balls LMAO</div>

if someone gave me an SRT-4...id sell it, buy a G, turbo/5 spd swap it and upgrade the shit out of it...and still prob be under what ud pay for an SRT-4...Neon drivers get made fun of man...because they drive Neons..i dont care if it can run 10's...its a neon lol

8G fo' life.

ill touch your balls anyway </div>

Ok... OBVIOUSLY you dont get the point here... I know i could put 4-6 grand in the G and kill a SRT-4 GRANTED.. But i said if someone offered me a SRT-4 as a even swap for the G.. it would be gone..... But as for "NEON" owners... LMAO dude you realize that a stock SOHC Neon 5 speed would keep up and possibly beat your 8G (i4) right??? I owned a 97 Neon SOHC 5 speed.. And i left ppl with their jaws on the floor.. Lets see..... 240 SX... DIDNT BEAT THE NEON...... Jeep Grand Cheroke DIDNT BEAT THE NEON..... Honda Civic DIDNT BEAT THE NEON...... Grand Prix... DIDNT BEAT THE NEON...... Intrepid DIDNT BEAT THE NEON... V6 Trans AM DIDNT BEAT THE NEON by much .... Should i go on down the list????? Or should i just stop there and tell you that who gives a fuck if someone laughs at a Neon owner....... . Anyways end of discussion before someone tells me to go back to the Mopar forum (which i was never a part of) just trying to get a point across here..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast