The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 77
    Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

i mean..its not that they are bad cars, they have great potential and are pretty quick stock...its just the fanbase...they are all for the most part uneducated pricks driving the car mommy and daddy bought them and they think they can beat everything...a car like the Galant where the USDM version doesnt come fast stock...the part of you MAKING it fast is whats so great...for the most part gives you a lot of street credit.

i will never buy a car that is fast stock.</div>

Dude you are having trouble doing a 5 speed swap so i dont want to hear about uneducated pricks buying a fuckin TURBO car for $20,000 when your car cost as much or MORE off the line brand new and it has little over half the fuckin HP.... Any car you can mod no matter if it is fast off the lot or slow as fuck.... But getting the "bang for the buck" is always the best route to go......

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

i mean..its not that they are bad cars, they have great potential and are pretty quick stock...its just the fanbase...they are all for the most part uneducated pricks driving the car mommy and daddy bought them and they think they can beat everything...a car like the Galant where the USDM version doesnt come fast stock...the part of you MAKING it fast is whats so great...for the most part gives you a lot of street credit.

Dude you are having trouble doing a 5 speed swap so i dont want to hear about uneducated pricks buying a fuckin TURBO car for $20,000 when your car cost as much or MORE off the line brand new and it has little over half the fuckin HP.... Any car you can mod no matter if it is fast off the lot or slow as fuck.... But getting the "bang for the buck" is always the best route to go......</div>

Bang for the buck? id go get a used grand prix GTP and throw a few bolt ons and run 13's...dont sit there and bash my skills, did i ever say i knew anything? NO. i am 95% sure most of the ppl on this forum will agree MAJORITY (which leaves exceptions) of SRT-4 owners are complete assholes who have a big lack of knowledge...

ps. no need to use the F word...we are only having a discussion man.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

Dude you are having trouble doing a 5 speed swap so i dont want to hear about uneducated pricks buying a fuckin TURBO car for $20,000 when your car cost as much or MORE off the line brand new and it has little over half the fuckin HP.... Any car you can mod no matter if it is fast off the lot or slow as fuck.... But getting the "bang for the buck" is always the best route to go......</div>

Bang for the buck? id go get a used grand prix GTP and throw a few bolt ons and run 13's...dont sit there and bash my skills, did i ever say i knew anything? NO. i am 95% sure most of the ppl on this forum will agree MAJORITY (which leaves exceptions) of SRT-4 owners are complete assholes who have a big lack of knowledge...

ps. no need to use the F word...we are only having a discussion man.</div>

LMAO.. Dude.... Hating a Neon SRT-4 because of a majority of the owners being jerks is like someone hating this site because there are a few jerks... But i dont care what you say... i support SRT-4 Neons as well as i support the Galant but the BANG FOR THE BUCK would be my choice of SRT-4.. And as for the "FEW" bolt ons... What exactly are you talking about... and we are having a stock to stock car argument... Any car has potential to kick another cars ass but the ? is who wins off the lot????

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

LMAO.. Dude.... Hating a Neon SRT-4 because of a majority of the owners being jerks is like someone hating this site because there are a few jerks... But i dont care what you say... i support SRT-4 Neons as well as i support the Galant but the BANG FOR THE BUCK would be my choice of SRT-4.. And as for the "FEW" bolt ons... What exactly are you talking about... and we are having a stock to stock car argument... Any car has potential to kick another cars ass but the ? is who wins off the lot????</div>

woah woah whos hating? i like SRT-4's..like i said before they have great potential and come off the lot pretty quick..i would just never want to own one personally, and as for the majority being assholes...is my personal experience and i have not seen anything that could change my view on that...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

LMAO.. Dude.... Hating a Neon SRT-4 because of a majority of the owners being jerks is like someone hating this site because there are a few jerks... But i dont care what you say... i support SRT-4 Neons as well as i support the Galant but the BANG FOR THE BUCK would be my choice of SRT-4.. And as for the "FEW" bolt ons... What exactly are you talking about... and we are having a stock to stock car argument... Any car has potential to kick another cars ass but the ? is who wins off the lot????</div>

woah woah whos hating? i like SRT-4's..like i said before they have great potential and come off the lot pretty quick..i would just never want to own one personally, and as for the majority being assholes...is my personal experience and i have not seen anything that could change my view on that...</div>

Youre gonna talk about your "view" Or opinion.. when you talked shit to me for saying something about my view on a SRT-4 DAMN.. What kind of hypocrite are you???

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I agree, I would never want an SRT4. Â*This guy in my neighborhood has one and he thinks he is hot shit.</div>

woah woah whos hating? i like SRT-4's..like i said before they have great potential and come off the lot pretty quick..i would just never want to own one personally, and as for the majority being assholes...is my personal experience and i have not seen anything that could change my view on that...</div>

Youre gonna talk about your "view" Or opinion.. when you talked shit to me for saying something about my view on a SRT-4 DAMN.. What kind of hypocrite are you???</div>

show me when i hated on your opinion...i only gave u shit when u bashed my mechanical knowledge when it had no place...whatever if you wanna argue over a neon then go ahead.

wow.. a lot of hostility going on.. but i kinda agree with GGS here.. I mean how much is a SRT-4? 20,000 right.. well IMO if someone gave me a SRT-4 I'd sell it.. (befor bashing, bear with me) I'd take the $17,200 (2004 SRT-4 with 38,000miles standard options)http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ucp?kbb...&;;ucr;&3;DO;B8 and do the 5-speed swap, EVO 4G63T motor swap with possible bolt-ons (exhaust, Intercooler, intercooler hard pipes, blow-off valve, etc.), and a beefed suspension (coilovers, swaybars, etc.). now thats the extreme way of doing it.. possibly making 300 horses depends on what generation motor.. right there u have a car that can beat an STi for half-the price... other option would be a EVO 4G64.. 2.4 4G64 with the evo top end... prolly half-the price of the evo 4G63T motor swap so more money into building the bottom end and turbo accesories.. this setup can prolly get you around the 250-270 hp range.. right there u got a car that can match up to an evo... only down side with both set-ups is that u will have traction issues.. this is my honest OPINION.. if you wanna bash me go ahead.. i wont take it personal but with the price of an SRT-4 used... u can build a car with possibly more power and better handling.. Ive never done the EVO 4G64 set-up... im just relying on research.. and as for the evo motor swap.. im jus relying the experiences ive had with past generation evo's ive worked on.. 63T's can make power with bolt-ons... so im just saying theres a lot u can do to the Galant with how much a used SRT-4 cost... of course it doesnt include car value.. but this is just assuming that u already hava a Galant... and of course it for the 8G's But that's just my honest OPINION and of course this is considering that there are no labor costs.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Umm.... need i go there with you dude???????

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow.. a lot of hostility going on.. but i kinda agree with GGS here.. I mean how much is a SRT-4? 20,000 right.. well IMO if someone gave me a SRT-4 I'd sell it.. (befor bashing, bear with me) I'd take the $17,200 (2004 SRT-4 with 38,000miles standard options)http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ucp?kbb...&;;ucr;&3;DO;B8 and do the 5-speed swap, EVO 4G63T motor swap with possible bolt-ons (exhaust, Intercooler, intercooler hard pipes, blow-off valve, etc.), and a beefed suspension (coilovers, swaybars, etc.). Â*now thats the extreme way of doing it.. possibly making 300 horses depends on what generation motor.. Â*right there u have a car that can beat an STi for half-the price... other option would be a EVO 4G64.. Â*2.4 4G64 with the evo top end... Â*prolly half-the price of the evo 4G63T motor swap so more money into building the bottom end and turbo accesories.. Â*this setup can prolly get you around the 250-270 hp range.. right there u got a car that can match up to an evo... Â*only down side with both set-ups is that u will have traction issues.. this is my honest OPINION.. if you wanna bash me go ahead.. i wont take it personal but with the price of an SRT-4 used... Â*u can build a car with possibly more power and better handling.. Ive never done the EVO 4G64 set-up... im just relying on research.. and as for the evo motor swap.. im jus relying the experiences ive had with past generation evo's ive worked on.. 63T's can make power with bolt-ons... Â*so im just saying theres a lot u can do to the Galant with how much a used SRT-4 cost... Â*of course it doesnt include car value.. but this is just assuming that u already hava a Galant... Â*and of course it for the 8G's Â*But that's just my honest OPINION and of course this is considering that there are no labor costs.</div>

and there you have it...thats all i was saying...but it somehow got made into this huge deal because i said most SRT owners i know are complete assholes...lol.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow.. a lot of hostility going on.. but i kinda agree with GGS here.. I mean how much is a SRT-4? 20,000 right.. well IMO if someone gave me a SRT-4 I'd sell it.. (befor bashing, bear with me) I'd take the $17,200 (2004 SRT-4 with 38,000miles standard options)http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ucp?kbb...&;;ucr;&3;DO;B8 and do the 5-speed swap, EVO 4G63T motor swap with possible bolt-ons (exhaust, Intercooler, intercooler hard pipes, blow-off valve, etc.), and a beefed suspension (coilovers, swaybars, etc.). Â*now thats the extreme way of doing it.. possibly making 300 horses depends on what generation motor.. Â*right there u have a car that can beat an STi for half-the price... other option would be a EVO 4G64.. Â*2.4 4G64 with the evo top end... Â*prolly half-the price of the evo 4G63T motor swap so more money into building the bottom end and turbo accesories.. Â*this setup can prolly get you around the 250-270 hp range.. right there u got a car that can match up to an evo... Â*only down side with both set-ups is that u will have traction issues.. this is my honest OPINION.. if you wanna bash me go ahead.. i wont take it personal but with the price of an SRT-4 used... Â*u can build a car with possibly more power and better handling.. Ive never done the EVO 4G64 set-up... im just relying on research.. and as for the evo motor swap.. im jus relying the experiences ive had with past generation evo's ive worked on.. 63T's can make power with bolt-ons... Â*so im just saying theres a lot u can do to the Galant with how much a used SRT-4 cost... Â*of course it doesnt include car value.. but this is just assuming that u already hava a Galant... Â*and of course it for the 8G's Â*But that's just my honest OPINION and of course this is considering that there are no labor costs.</div>

I totally agree with you guys... But for someone that has NO knowledge about cars and they want a BRAND new BANG FOR THE BUCK car.. SRT-4 IS the way to go.. Now if you are like most ppl on here and you take pride in modding your car then yea take the galant you have now and slap less than half the cost of a new car into it and straight kill that car that comes fast.. But like i said before.... If someone said hey you trade me your galant for a SRT-4 and you dont owe me shit afterwards... The title would be signed very very quickly..... BUT THATS MY OPINION GGS... So there is no need to get your panties in a waud and want to grab my balls over my opinion.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Umm.... need i go there with you dude???????</div>

rofl...because i told you MY view on it...and i was obviously kidding about the testicles thing...just chill out...ur sounding like me of the recent past.

if u bought an SRT4 id say great for you and give you props..i just wouldnt want one personally. dont look into this anymore..i dont want to fight about it man..cmon.

PS. this is a good way to post whore

altho it was hostel between GGS and shadow 19 this was a really good discussion.... and yes it was a good way to up ur post count.. lol
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

calm down ppl! galant is a heavy weight family sedan, i mean its not exactly made for racing or even sports tunes. SRT4 is lighter sportier.

SRT4 are reliable, so is a galant, you are comparing 2 different things here.

an I4 galant (which I own 2 of them) is only about 1 to 2 seconds slower than V6 in 0 - 60 mph. take out your spare tire, and losing some weight will do you good on taht race! lol

you will be fine.

I know a trick that might help you, BUT IT MIGHT BLOW YOUR TRANNY!here it is, put your shift on Neutral, revo your engine to about 4000 to 5000 RPM, shift to drive (you dont need to press on the brake to shift from Netrual to Drive) Hope you wont lose traction on the front tires, your galant will BRUST out on the REVO RPM at 4500. That gives you a peppy start.

(try this at your own risk!) i done it before, but it was scary. it was so fast i lost control.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>calm down ppl! galant is a heavy weight family sedan, i mean its not exactly made for racing or even sports tunes. SRT4 is lighter sportier. Â*

SRT4 are reliable, so is a galant, you are comparing 2 different things here. Â*

an I4 galant (which I own 2 of them) is only about 1 to 2 seconds slower than V6 in 0 - 60 mph. take out your spare tire, and losing some weight will do you good on taht race! lol

Â*you will be fine.

I know a trick that might help you, BUT IT MIGHT BLOW YOUR TRANNY!here it is, put your shift on Neutral, revo your engine to about 4000 to 5000 RPM, shift to drive (you dont need to press on the brake to shift from Netrual to Drive) Hope you wont lose traction on the front tires, your galant will BRUST out on the REVO RPM at 4500. Â*That gives you a peppy start.

(try this at your own risk!)i done it before, but it was scary. it was so fast i lost control.</div>

that IS a joke right? rofl.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

rofl...because i told you MY view on it...and i was obviously kidding about the testicles thing...just chill out...ur sounding like me of the recent past.

if u bought an SRT4 id say great for you and give you props..i just wouldnt want one personally. dont look into this anymore..i dont want to fight about it man..cmon.

PS. this is a good way to post whore </div>

Hey man its all fun and games no seriousness taken. Im a smartass just like most ppl on here so i dont mean to offend i just have to DEFEND.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Hey man its all fun and games no seriousness taken. Im a smartass just like most ppl on here so i dont mean to offend i just have to DEFEND.</div>

haha man...you sound just like i did in the recent past...i felt like i had to defend myself on everything..which sometimes is the case here at TGC...but im slowly learning to sort of just let things go...its making everything go so much smoother here...i like it.

so were on good terms right? cool.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

Hey man its all fun and games no seriousness taken. Im a smartass just like most ppl on here so i dont mean to offend i just have to DEFEND.</div>

haha man...you sound just like i did in the recent past...i felt like i had to defend myself on everything..which sometimes is the case here at TGC...but im slowly learning to sort of just let things go...its making everything go so much smoother here...i like it.

so were on good terms right? cool.</div>

Yea man i dont give a shit.. Talk all u want. Im a very forgiving person unless you fuck with my money or family.. Words are words. I was laughing the whole time... So yea we are cool GGS. But back to the topic on your insurance claim.. I mean your race.. Dont do it dude. Unless your uncle was the driver i dont reccomend it and id say if you do first to 60 is plenty to tell who will win in that race.. Even at that.. I dont know if you read the post that i posted before TGC went down but like 2 weeks ago 2 people in a 8G were killed in my neighborhood for doing something stupid like doing 120 MPH and smacking a tree at arond 110 MPH... So do it at your own risk but id hate to see your car or anyones wrapped around a tree...

Ive had both cars and I can tell you that my V6 CAI, with grounding wires all over (not much mods at all) would woop the shit out of the I4 I used to have. I would have to have a full tank of gas, five people in the car, regular unleaded gas, Hot air intake, one grounding wire and 185s on the wheels before a CAI I4 could beat me.

As for the SRT

I'd take a turbo 8G anyday over the SRT
    I'd take a GTZ over it anyday
    I'd take a LS over it anyday.

Give me your SRT and Ill give you a DE
    HAHA
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    first i as thinking, GGS is gay for wanting to touch a man's balls

Then I was thinking, hes fuckin retarded for calling ALL Neon SRT-4 owners names and shit

I wanna know when it became OK to classify like THOUSANDS of people by the car they drive.. because you met like 2 or 3 SRT-4 owners that may have been stuck up, all a sudden they ALL are the same way, or the majority

They PROBABLY have a site similar to this one, with active members sharing feedback, stories, hints and tips with each other. But according to you, since they drive Neons they go on their forum and say "rar rar rar my car is the shit i can kill anyone rar rar rar"

I dont know you, but I MIGHT hate you. Grow the hell up.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>first i as thinking, GGS is gay for wanting to touch a man's balls

Then I was thinking, hes fuckin retarded for calling ALL Neon SRT-4 owners names and shit

I wanna know when it became OK to classify like THOUSANDS of people by the car they drive.. because you met like 2 or 3 SRT-4 owners that may have been stuck up, all a sudden they ALL are the same way, or the majority

They PROBABLY have a site similar to this one, with active members sharing feedback, stories, hints and tips with each other. But according to you, since they drive Neons they go on their forum and say "rar rar rar my car is the shit i can kill anyone rar rar rar"

I dont know you, but I MIGHT hate you. Grow the hell up.</div>

k.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast