The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aunt and Uncle bought 8g...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 77
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>calm down ppl! galant is a heavy weight family sedan, i mean its not exactly made for racing or even sports tunes. SRT4 is lighter sportier. Â*

SRT4 are reliable, so is a galant, you are comparing 2 different things here. Â*

an I4 galant (which I own 2 of them) is only about 1 to 2 seconds slower than V6 in 0 - 60 mph. take out your spare tire, and losing some weight will do you good on taht race! lol

Â*you will be fine.

I know a trick that might help you, BUT IT MIGHT BLOW YOUR TRANNY!here it is, put your shift on Neutral, revo your engine to about 4000 to 5000 RPM, shift to drive (you dont need to press on the brake to shift from Netrual to Drive) Hope you wont lose traction on the front tires, your galant will BRUST out on the REVO RPM at 4500. Â*That gives you a peppy start.

(try this at your own risk!)i done it before, but it was scary. it was so fast i lost control.</div>

that IS a joke right? rofl.</div>

No i am serious

galant_got_speed
    haha dude...neutral dropping is the worst thing u can do...u dont gain ANYTHING out of it...all u do is spin the tires and fuck up ur drivetrain...at least thats my experience...i did it once and will never do it again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>calm down ppl! galant is a heavy weight family sedan, i mean its not exactly made for racing or even sports tunes. SRT4 is lighter sportier. Â*

SRT4 are reliable, so is a galant, you are comparing 2 different things here. Â*

an I4 galant (which I own 2 of them) is only about 1 to 2 seconds slower than V6 in 0 - 60 mph. take out your spare tire, and losing some weight will do you good on taht race! lol

Â*you will be fine.

I know a trick that might help you, BUT IT MIGHT BLOW YOUR TRANNY!here it is, put your shift on Neutral, revo your engine to about 4000 to 5000 RPM, shift to drive (you dont need to press on the brake to shift from Netrual to Drive) Hope you wont lose traction on the front tires, your galant will BRUST out on the REVO RPM at 4500. Â*That gives you a peppy start.

(try this at your own risk!)i done it before, but it was scary. it was so fast i lost control.</div>

No i am serious</div>
    umm......i would think that doing such reving then drive will mess up your tranny fast....i mean you'll have the auto fluids out of the converter then once you stick in in drive it will throw the ratio out of wak...my friend tried doing it on his car and it just reved, then squled the tires.....didn't make him faster on take off......back to the topic.....i would add a turbo on my g because everyone has a neon around my city....plus it easy to make a regular neon look like an srt4....galant on the other hand doesnt have any other cars that looks the same....i guess i just dont want to have a car that someone else will have at the light...go 5spd then maybe turbo or nos.....
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

galant_got_speed
    dont you guys love it when threads turn into flamefests for almost no reason...and somehow i end up getting bashed every single time by OH WHATDYA NO...the SAME people. like i said...if u dont like what i post..DONT RESPOND. clean. cut. simple.

not pissed...all fun and games here.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>calm down ppl! galant is a heavy weight family sedan, i mean its not exactly made for racing or even sports tunes. SRT4 is lighter sportier. Â*

Â*you will be fine.

No i am serious</div>
    umm......i would think that doing such reving then drive will mess up your tranny fast....i mean you'll have the auto fluids out of the converter then once you stick in in drive it will throw the ratio out of wak...my friend tried doing it on his car and it just reved, then squled the tires.....didn't make him faster on take off......back to the topic.....i would add a turbo on my g because everyone has a neon around my city....plus it easy to make a regular neon look like an srt4....galant on the other hand doesnt have any other cars that looks the same....i guess i just dont want to have a car that someone else will have at the light...go 5spd then maybe turbo or nos..... </div>

haha no its ok let him neutral drop all day long...ill be there with a camera to see his car rolling to AAMCO.

word of advice solo...DONT NEUTRAL DROP. lol

does nothing but break shit.

haha, that why i dont race.

if so, i pick on some slow ass old civic or something.
    o ya, i got beat by a Toyota Sieanna before, Seiannas are fast!

Stock G is just too slow on the take off. :cry:

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow...in all honesty...if u traded ur g for an SRT-4 i would remove your testicles with my bare hands and feed them to you...might as well turbo ur G and do a manual swap...prob come out faster than the SRT-4...and u wouldnt drive a NEON!!</div>

This coming from the guy who hated Galants and wanted a DSM.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha, that why i dont race.

Stock G is just too slow on the take off. :cry:</div>

haha i picked on some old nissan sentra with the biggest fart can, it was bigger than mine easily (mine is 4 inch outlet)...he had 4 ppl in the car but i would have killed him neway, ive gotten killed by minivans before too, those engines are powerful...cuz everyone knows u need power to pickup the kids from soccer practice!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha, that why i dont race.

aren't those vans???? i've raced my friends elipse....either he sux at driving or something was wrong with his car....well he drives an auto so im guessing it's his car srt4 are ok cars....but not really that great though....me my friend raced one in my friend's v6 torus....it was a close race...i dont know im just a galant persn i guess.
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>first i as thinking, GGS is gay for wanting to touch a man's balls

Then I was thinking, hes fuckin retarded for calling ALL Neon SRT-4 owners names and shit

I wanna know when it became OK to classify like THOUSANDS of people by the car they drive.. because you met like 2 or 3 SRT-4 owners that may have been stuck up, all a sudden they ALL are the same way, or the majority

They PROBABLY have a site similar to this one, with active members sharing feedback, stories, hints and tips with each other. But according to you, since they drive Neons they go on their forum and say "rar rar rar my car is the shit i can kill anyone rar rar rar"

I dont know you, but I MIGHT hate you. Grow the hell up.</div>

I'm glad you're still at this board. You speak on the behalf of those who get warned for insulting cousin-bangers.

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha, that why i dont race.

aren't those vans???? i've raced my friends elipse....either he sux at driving or something was wrong with his car....well he drives an auto so im guessing it's his car srt4 are ok cars....but not really that great though....me my friend raced one in my friend's v6 torus....it was a close race...i dont know im just a galant persn i guess.</div>

I like SRT's. Typical neon is just a daily driver with good gas milage. Typical Galant is just a daily driver with mediocre gas milage.

There are sportier versions. Neon = SRT. Galant = GTZ. I like both of them. I would drive a neon simply just to save $$$ on gas. Pimping out a regular neon would just be silly though.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Calipso)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>first i as thinking, GGS is gay for wanting to touch a man's balls

Then I was thinking, hes fuckin retarded for calling ALL Neon SRT-4 owners names and shit

I wanna know when it became OK to classify like THOUSANDS of people by the car they drive.. because you met like 2 or 3 SRT-4 owners that may have been stuck up, all a sudden they ALL are the same way, or the majority

They PROBABLY have a site similar to this one, with active members sharing feedback, stories, hints and tips with each other. But according to you, since they drive Neons they go on their forum and say "rar rar rar my car is the shit i can kill anyone rar rar rar"

I dont know you, but I MIGHT hate you. Grow the hell up.</div>

I'm glad you're still at this board. You speak on the behalf of those who get warned for insulting cousin-bangers. </div>

i was wondering where youve been..good to see ur still an asshole.

Experienced TGC Member
    I cant believe i just read all of this

Calipso
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pvu_rida)</div><div class='quotemain'>I cant believe i just read all of this Â* Â*</div>

I'm at work so I have nothing better to do than patrol TGC, PBReview, eBay.

Time and a half to play on my PSP and be on the internet. Yayz.

well since we're talking about 8G,7G and neon....which one do you thing will win.....all with 5spd.....???
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>well since we're talking about 8G,7G and neon....which one do you thing will win.....all with 5spd.....???</div>

7g.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>well since we're talking about 8G,7G and neon....which one do you thing will win.....all with 5spd.....???</div>

7g.</div>
    why so??

dont get me wrong i think 7G will win also...but if we just say its because of the weight then it will be a cjallenge for the neon...

oh and the reson i said 5spd is because i got beat by a neon when im auto but i cant wait to race him again when im 5spd with an 8lbs flywheel and the act 2100.....its kinda funny how everyone says to get those things when going 5spd.
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>well since we're talking about 8G,7G and neon....which one do you thing will win.....all with 5spd.....???</div>

7g.</div>
    why so??

dont get me wrong i think 7G will win also...but if we just say its because of the weight then it will be a cjallenge for the neon...

oh and the reson i said 5spd is because i got beat by a neon when im auto but i cant wait to race him again when im 5spd with an 8lbs flywheel and the act 2100.....its kinda funny how everyone says to get those things when going 5spd.</div>

cuz the ACT 2100 is a good clutch...and the flywheel from what STUNR and some others told me spins wayyy faster obviously and gives u quicker revs and shit...but yah the 7g will win cuz of weight and i believe the 64 engine has more power than those neons...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>well since we're talking about 8G,7G and neon....which one do you thing will win.....all with 5spd.....???</div>

7g.</div>
    why so??

oh and the reson i said 5spd is because i got beat by a neon when im auto but i cant wait to race him again when im 5spd with an 8lbs flywheel and the act 2100.....its kinda funny how everyone says to get those things when going 5spd.</div>

cuz the ACT 2100 is a good clutch...and the flywheel from what STUNR and some others told me spins wayyy faster obviously and gives u quicker revs and shit...but yah the 7g will win cuz of weight and i believe the 64 engine has more power than those neons...</div>

regular Neons right?? cuz if it was an R/T i think itll be close since the 420A has the same power output of 140 hp just like the 4G64. Neon R/T and 2G Eclipse RS/GS has the same powerplant...
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

actually i raced my friend's boyfriend's srt neaon 2003.....it was close a close one...his was manual and i was auto at the time.....but then i remember peeling out all in 1st gear and i finaly gain tracktion on 2nd....by that time we were still tied....then he slowly pulled on me....i lost by half a car.....i was blaming in on the peel out but then i dont know maybe if i didnt peel out we might be just tied....i'll race him again after my swap.....F*cking UPS is taking such a long time on shipping....
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast