The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GHETO-MAT: Where to Buy/Install (A cheap Dynamat substitute)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

GHETO-MAT: Where to Buy/Install (A cheap Dynamat substitute)

I like to thank Kris (01on20s) for this info.
    I learned this from Kris back at the Houston BBQ meet last month. Basically Gheto-mat is made out of the same material used in the more expensive version, Dynamat. Same tar adhesive, same foil material. Proteco-wrap as it is called, uses a thinner foil material (a hair thinner than dynamat) but it's priced much cheaper than it's leading competitor. Depending where you live, gheto-mat/protecto-wrap is sold in Home Depot or any other hardware store

All you need is

Protecto-Wrap $16 per roll (I had to use 4 rolls or $64 to wrap entire car)
    Scissor

Had to use 2 layers on the trunk

Back seat

Door molding (all 4)

With the 4 rolls, it was enough to wrap the dash, c-pillars, center pillar, rear pillars, door sills, glove compartment, and the center console.

For $64 dollars it ain't so bad 8)

you can also buy a giant roll of ice and water shield in the roofing section for like 50 bucks.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Exactly, marketing is a spoof these days all they have to do buy materials everyone sees at a hardware shop and put their company logo and sell it more than its worth. Surely, what else could someone spend their $600 buxs on dynamat or cut throat hardware material?

no more rattle??? and is the car much quiter?????

TGC Regular
    its gonna be a bitch getting to that fuel pump if you ever need to take it out for some reason!
    Your signature is too long.

Great!

Thanks for the tip.

by the way
    The trunk would look a lot better if your were to cover the new insulation with matching carpet.

Thanks again.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

this would be perfect thanx for the heads up...
    R.I.P. My fellow Galant owner. May God be with you and your family.

***On a side note***

Applying 2 layer of that stuff on the trunk WILL NOT reduce the rattle all the way. If you want the trunk to withstand higher decibles try matting the back licence frame, trunk hinges, and the Trunk "hollow spot". I also removed the carpet trim and applied a layer for added support. Definitely lot quiet and the 4 rolls covers it all.

hey

ok hahaah man shhhhhhhhhhh dont give away my secret hahahahahaa

anyazes i have no rattle in my car and i had 4 15s in my trunk i think i used about 3 layers but if done right will be no rattle also take plate off and put 1 layer on back of plate and make sure u get up in those side panels means take all the carpet out that trunk and get it on there good and do both sides of the deck u will be straight trust me i knwo and

u are all welcome for the cheap dyno mat tip hahaha i got some other tips to ill get them on here asap

I have been using this stuff for years.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Boy am I glad I never bought Dynamat...I think I"ll get a roll or two and do my trunk in the near future.

G-spot, are those Infinity's I see? I approve! :thumbsup:

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

we did my car when gspot came down here. i must say, works like a charm.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

rolling
    man i went to my local home depot and they never heared of the shit damn road trip. in what section of home depot did you find it

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>we did my car when gspot came down here. i must say, works like a charm.</div>

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>NO! NO! NO!</span>
    That stuff I gave you isn't the ghetto mat. It was an insulation add-on for the ghettomat. I have a half roll left might finish it off this weekend perhaps?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rolling)</div><div class='quotemain'>man i went to my local home depot and they never heared of the shit Â*damn road trip. in what section of home depot did you find it</div>

Like I said before, depends on the region you live in, it's how much rain you recieve is what the suppliers are looking for. Places like Dallas, for example, don't recieve much rain right now, doesn't need the space to supply such items where places like Houston gets inches of rain everyday, are more likely customers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rolling)</div><div class='quotemain'>man i went to my local home depot and they never heared of the shit Â*damn road trip. in what section of home depot did you find it</div>

Also look for Peel-n-Seal

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(G-spot)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>we did my car when gspot came down here. i must say, works like a charm.</div>

<span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>NO! NO! NO!</span>
    That stuff I gave you isn't the ghetto mat. It was an insulation add-on for the ghettomat. I have a half roll left might finish it off this weekend perhaps?</div>

HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry to get off topic..... but Pete, I got ur Message the Other Day.... That wasn't Me on 45 going south.... I was on my way to work..... U May have saw Bake driving his G

pete

pete u need to call me when in houston 832 830 4808 my car needs some stuff done and since ur car has it done u would knwo how to hahahaha and a accord lip fits on the galant to for u peeps out there that want a lip[

^ Late August/ September labbor day holiday is the only window open so far and Pedro is planning a meet then.

do those dual's hit that hard that u need all that.. did it rattle bad before.. i had 2 15" JL w3's witha carbon fiber trunk and it didnt rattle that bad and they slammed
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast