The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket projector headlights for 7G - A possibility???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 49

Aftermarket projector headlights for 7G - A possibility???

I was looking at my car today, and I had a thought. It's quite possible the 2G Eclipse headlights, with some modification, just might fit. They are essentially the same shape, and the way I see it, as long as the part that meets the fender is the exact same curve, it should work out. My friend has a 2G, and is selling it. I'm going to ask him if I can pull the headlight from it and just see if it fits. If that doesn't work, I have another idea...

Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-94-MITSU...1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are aftermarket 1G headlights. Notice the corner assembly and the main assembly are two different peices, like some of the JDM Galant headlights. Now, my question is, if we took the main part of this 1G headlight, and meshed it up with a genuine Galant JDM corner, would it be a match???

Has anyone ever tried this?

On another note, what exactly would it take to convince a manufacturer to produce aftermarket headlights for our cars? I know that all it took to convince Erac1ngs to produce a bodykit was a large enough group of serious buyers. Maybe we can try this with headlights?

The reason being is that I'm getting pretty sick of the crappy fluting and absolutely HORRIBLE light distribution of the 7G headlights. I have 10,000K HIDs, and I'm not getting the full potential from them because of the fluting. Sure, they're bright as hell and outshine all other halogens on the road, but I know for a fact they could be better. Also, I'm not crazy about cibbies, otherwise Eric would have my money already.

Thanks, and if this is a repost, I will slap myself on the moderator's behalf.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

TGC Regular
    It would probably be a lot easier to get a company to manufacture stock headlights with clear lenses, rather than an entire projector headlight.
    (of course the stock lenses would allow for a clean retrofit)

on a side note, peanonation was nice enough to donate a stock 7G headlight to me, so i can try to see what i can do about that darn fluting.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    eric made Cibbies for supergalant, I think they look pretty sweet. A set of black cibbies on your red car would look hot!
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>eric made Cibbies for supergalant, I think they look pretty sweet. Â*A set of black cibbies on your red car would look hot!</div>

that was my plan :evil:

But i remember seeing a picture of a 7g with 2g headlights I think it was in an englishtown meet.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

the world spec two piece headlights are glass and have an incredible light pattern

the wholeroad is lit up for me and it looks so much cleaner being crystal clear.
    gotta love the city lights and the much much brighter amber corner lamps.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>the world spec two piece headlights are glass and have an incredible light pattern

the wholeroad is lit up for me and it looks so much cleaner being crystal clear.
    gotta love the city lights and the much much brighter amber corner lamps.</div>

So the world spec 2 peice heads have a clear lens (no fluting)???????

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

They do have a few lines on the inside towards the bottum, but they are very clear. Defniitely 100 times better then the USDM plastic lights. Its also a pretty thick glass. Would be the best base for building a projector project off of then trying to mess with the USDM lights.
    7g for life!

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by ericbla03
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    the world spec two piece headlights are glass and have an incredible light pattern

gotta love the city lights and the much much brighter amber corner lamps.
    So the world spec 2 peice heads have a clear lens (no fluting)???????
    it has fluting but the lens is glass instead of plastic.

Yeah I know what you mean with the glass lenses. Big Mike nabbed a set of the glass 8G JDMs, and man, the ammount of light that comes through these things is incredible. They always look so clean, too.

Yeah Eric, good luck with that fluting. If you can get a satisfactory product, I will buy a set from you. Definately. There's your inscentive

You know, there's got to be another car's headlights that fit into our cars. It's such a simple design and many, many cars have VERY similar headlights. Something's got to fit. It's just really hard to find out what, because you'd need to physically have a set of various headlights, and try them one by on in the 7G. Unless you own some kind of shop that has 1000's of headlights in stock, this ain't happening.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NiTrOuSoXiDe)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah I know what you mean with the glass lenses. Â*Big Mike nabbed a set of the glass 8G JDMs, and man, the ammount of light that comes through these things is incredible. Â*They always look so clean, too.

Yeah Eric, good luck with that fluting. Â*If you can get a satisfactory product, I will buy a set from you. Â*Definately. Â*There's your inscentive

You know, there's got to be another car's headlights that fit into our cars. Â*It's such a simple design and many, many cars have VERY similar headlights. Â*Something's got to fit. Â*It's just really hard to find out what, because you'd need to physically have a set of various headlights, and try them one by on in the 7G. Â*Unless you own some kind of shop that has 1000's of headlights in stock, this ain't happening.</div>

i was going to mod some 2g heads to fit in my 7g a year ago or 2.. but lost interest after the 7g kept on breaking down. there is a thread in the PS forum somewhere

when is we gon be free????

Well, what about my other suggestion? Like, what exactly would it take to coax a manufacturer into actually producing aftermarket projector headlights for the 7G? Maybe if we start a group buy thread, and get enough serious buyers, and approach a manufacturer with the thread, maybe they'll do it? It worked with Erac1ngs, so I have faith.

I'll start the thread.

ericbla is by far your best bet. He is trying to get the fluting out of the stock light right now.
    7g for life!

Yep, I'd love to see what he could do. In the meantime, here's the group buy:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...p=501771#501771

I sent an email to APC. I might mail Elegante too. Anyone else I should contact?

signe me up if its $300 US including shipping to Australia..

I might have a couple more 7G owners who might be interested as well..

I thought I replied in the group buy.. hhhmm i must have been sleepy.. but hell yeah.. i'm in if its for the price i said..

i know this is off on a tangent, but is there a guideline on this site for re-aiming the headlamps or removing them? I tried using the steps outlined in the manual but no dice!
    Also I went to the other thread to get in on the new headlamps too.

G-Men ( and Women) Unite! 8)

Quote Originally Posted by naughtika03
    I thought I replied in the group buy.. hhhmm i must have been sleepy.. but hell yeah.. i'm in if its for the price i said..
    I think we should have an exchange program with you guys! I mean most of us here want the JDM or World Spec lights and you guys want projectors. I propose, once the "projectors" are perfected, we do an exchange program. Anyone that wants JDMs, find a counterpart overseas that wants projectors. When they are done...notify each other and ship. I am sure there would be some other little things to be worked out but...it could work

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

I'd expect it wouldn't be that hard, its already dual bulbs and is roughly the same size as the 2G Eclipse headlights.

or you can resort to the smoked out gto style headlight covers that would look hot on ur red g

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast