The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Throttlebody

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Throttlebody

Hello all.

I am at the point where it is time to upgrade my throttlebody. I have been searching around Club3g, here, and The GalantForums but can't really find what I was looking for.

So far I have looked into RPW and ProFlow Throttlebodies. I tried to look through RPW's new page, but I can't find dick on it anymore since they changed it.

I was thinking about going with proflow, however I kinda remember there being another option for throttle body boring. But I can't remember the name or where I even saw it.

I would like to support Tearstone, for what he has done for the community, but he doesn't seem to list all of the RPW products on his page.

I am still researching what will be the best option for me. And looking for as much as I can read to figure this out. Anyone have and recommended reading, or can recommend which size TB to go with, and where to get it.

I have 6G72 I/H/E and HSTC and am planning to do a NX Wetshot at some point in the future. Not sure if I should accomodate for that at all.

Bueller?
    Bueller?
    Anyone,....anyone?

why not just stick with the throttle body you have(cause i doubt you are making the kind of power where the stocker is a restriction)
    and just swap out your galant upper intake manifold(plenum) with a diamante upper plenum.

easy upgrade.

also the diamante might have a larger throttle body to boot.
    just make sure you get one w/o traction control.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah I agree. Even with nitrous, your restriction will be within the manifold and not the throttle body. Get the diamante plenum and maybe even have it extrude honed or polished for a little better slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Well my reasoning for the upgrade was primarily for throttle response. Mine has seem to gone to hell since the CAI install.

I was under the impression that without making some serious power the upper intake manifold swap would do nothing.

edit* Haha well I guess the upper intake will be more benifical since both you guys think so. Hmm battery in the trunk perhaps. I wonder if a Miata battery will work in our cars.

I wonder what a Diamants upper intake manifold costs (If its not too bad, I'll do both). I know a yard that has about 5 newer style Diamantes in it. Do all Diamantes come with V6's. And how would I tell if is has traction control or not, without taking the VIN to a mitsu dealer and asking them?

for the most part the ls has traction control the es does not. but just look at the dash for the traction control button. its to the left of the driver(i could get more into it, but i don't feel like describing parts that i don't have the correct name for)

the diamante upper plenum will give you throttle response through its ability to generate torque.
    it shoudl also give you more even airflow since it has a much larger plenum and equal lenghth runners.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

The Diamante throttle body is larger than the Galants - you want the one without traction control. Also, unless you are going to block off the EGR, try and get one with the EGR valve as it is different from ours. Off the top of my head, I think the Diamante one is 62mm vs our 60mm, but I have to double check to be sure.

Thanks for the info guys.

Wandering my EGR is already plated off with a breather filter. So no worries there. I think I remember reading you maybe doing this swap? Haha well if you decide not to, I will buy yours

I am going to try and get the upper intake and throttle body assembly all in one shot.

So whats the big deal with the traction control? I assume it is an important difference. Also what about cruise control? Will it still work or is that out the window too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>

So whats the big deal with the traction control? I assume it is an important difference. Also what about cruise control? Will it still work or is that out the window too.</div>
    the tracion control makes the throttle body more bulky and more elaborate.
    its essentially another vacuum actuator(like the one thats already on yours that the cruise control drives)
    i'm sure its not incompadable, but its undesirable for sure. especially since you have a choice betwen the two.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    yup.. i would just upgrade my intake mani first then go with a better throttle bod..... but then again you have v6.