The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front Speaker Install

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    FLiPSTYLE

Front Speaker Install

Anybody know how to do this? I already looked at the TGC site and the tutorial there is missing some steps. I got as far as taking out all the screws but the panel won't come off. Anybody know where to go from there? TY.

remove the 5 screws. one in the upper portion of the door, closest to the dash (they have covers), one in the door pull cup, one in the door release trim, and two on the rear edge of the door (they have covers)

pry around the edges to release the door panel from its retaining clips. lift the door panel and disconnect the electrical connections. then remove the door panel. then u just remove and install the new speaker. if you have tint make sure not to scratch that and make suer that the speaker or anythign doesn't get in the way of the window mechanism

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

FLiPSTYLE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>remove the 5 screws. one in the upper portion of the door, closest to the dash (they have covers), one in the door pull cup, one in the door release trim, and two on the rear edge of the door (they have covers)

pry around the edges to release the door panel from its retaining clips. lift the door panel and disconnect the electrical connections. then remove the door panel. then u just remove and install the new speaker. if you have tint make sure not to scratch that and make suer that the speaker or anythign doesn't get in the way of the window mechanism</div>

Hey thanks. Just pry around the edges.. sounds easy enough, i was going to do that but i was afraid that i might end up breaking something or something falling out. Does the window have to be up or down, or doesnt really matter?