The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo on ebay

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

turbo on ebay

ive been looking for some turbo kits and the all seem to be pretty expensive. i know this is not a complete kit but what you guys think?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks similar to the tearstone manifold? Looks like a great deal to me for the price.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    oh wow

i gotta find a complete parts list to turbo the Gm see how much other parts I'd need after that.. price it up.. :idea:

Not much of a turbo guy but $519 for the turbo AND the manifold seems like a steal. But what do you know about this company? Are they one the list of turbo companies on ebay not to mess with? Just something to think about....

Okay...I was looking through there other auctions and they seem to have some pretty nice setups for other vehicles with a feedbadk rating of 99%. Definetly something to look into 8)

i wouldnt get it some1 posted this on club3g here....

http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67810
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

i think ima give it a shot but wat else do you need for it to be the complete kit besides the intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by sh22981
    i think ima give it a shot but wat else do you need for it to be the complete kit besides the intercooler.
    Oil feed+return lines
    Blow Off Valve
    Piping/silicon couplers/band clamps for hot side (exhaust to turbo) and cold side (turbo to intercooler, intercooler to throttle body)
    cone filter
    injectors and resistor pack if necessary
    fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator
    air/fuel controller (SAFC2 or eManage)
    gauges

If you are still automatic, a tranny cooler.

and finally a tune to get it running safely.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    yeah, that manifold is definetly not like the tearstone one. First off, I know the tearstone mani is of good quality since i have one, but the one in the pic is made for a 2g DSM, just looking at the placement of the collector, its off the wrong side. With the turbo bolted to that manifold, you should be able to keep your A/C, but I have no idea how your going to snake a downpipe in between the turbine housing and the power steering pump. Shady at best.......
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sh22981)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think ima give it a shot but wat else do you need for it to be the complete kit besides the intercooler.</div>

Oil feed+return lines
    Blow Off Valve
    Piping/silicon couplers/band clamps for hot side (exhaust to turbo) and cold side (turbo to intercooler, intercooler to throttle body)
    cone filter
    injectors and resistor pack if necessary
    fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator
    air/fuel controller (SAFC2 or eManage)
    gauges

If you are still automatic, a tranny cooler.

and finally a tune to get it running safely.</div>

sorry to bring back a somewhat dead thread...but i had a question...

do you POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY NEEDDD to upgrade your fuel injectors when you go turbo? i have heard many stories of people just bolting on kits and leaving everything stock (fuel pump,injectors etc) and having no problems...

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, that manifold is definetly not like the tearstone one. First off, I know the tearstone mani is of good quality since i have one, but the one in the pic is made for a 2g DSM, just looking at the placement of the collector, its off the wrong side. With the turbo bolted to that manifold, you should be able to keep your A/C, but I have no idea how your going to snake a downpipe in between the turbine housing and the power steering pump. Shady at best.......</div>

There was just another thread posted in this forum about this!

But basically whoever pieced together that auction simply put together Chinese 2G DSM parts and put a 3G Eclipse name in the title. Real smooth.

I asssure you, this kit will no doubt cost you more than you think in the end.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>

do you POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY NEEDDD to upgrade your fuel injectors when you go turbo? i have heard many stories of people just bolting on kits and leaving everything stock (fuel pump,injectors etc) and having no problems...</div>

longevity suggests upgraded fuel system.
    if you overboost there airflow and injector pulsewidth caps in your factory ecu.
    if you max out your injectors over 100% dutycycle your ecu will cut the fuel, and if this happens while you are a top speed ull with super hot egt's, you will melt your pistons from predetonation due to the mix being too lean.
    (mind you anything over 80% duty cycle and your injectors are no longer effiecient)

yeah you could bet by with stock fuel injectors, but you would have to up yoru base fuel pressure a lot,
    and run very low boost levels.

but i wouldn't reccomend it.
    in fact i would only suggest that method if you just HAVE to have a turbo kit and your impatient ass just can't wait another 60 dollars for some 450's and a resistor pack.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah, that manifold is definetly not like the tearstone one. First off, I know the tearstone mani is of good quality since i have one, but the one in the pic is made for a 2g DSM, just looking at the placement of the collector, its off the wrong side. With the turbo bolted to that manifold, you should be able to keep your A/C, but I have no idea how your going to snake a downpipe in between the turbine housing and the power steering pump. Shady at best.......</div>

There was just another thread posted in this forum about this!

But basically whoever pieced together that auction simply put together Chinese 2G DSM parts and put a 3G Eclipse name in the title. Real smooth.

I asssure you, this kit will no doubt cost you more than you think in the end.</div>

haha i emailed the user whose selling all those kits and he told me it will bolt right on haha...his feedback doesnt look too bad...but all that crap can easily be manipulated anyhow.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>

do you POSITIVELY ABSOLUTELY NEEDDD to upgrade your fuel injectors when you go turbo? i have heard many stories of people just bolting on kits and leaving everything stock (fuel pump,injectors etc) and having no problems...</div>

longevity suggests upgraded fuel system.
    if you overboost there airflow and injector pulsewidth caps in your factory ecu.
    if you max out your injectors over 100% dutycycle your ecu will cut the fuel, and if this happens while you are a top speed ull with super hot egt's, you will melt your pistons from predetonation due to the mix being too lean.
    (mind you anything over 80% duty cycle and your injectors are no longer effiecient)

yeah you could bet by with stock fuel injectors, but you would have to up yoru base fuel pressure a lot,
    and run very low boost levels.

but i wouldn't reccomend it.
    in fact i would only suggest that method if you just HAVE to have a turbo kit and your impatient ass just can't wait another 60 dollars for some 450's and a resistor pack.</div>

yah i can understand what you're saying...amazing how simple i thought turbo was when i first started looking into it...after reading all this crap...a lot of work...a lot of work i couldnt keep up with...reason i asked these questions is i just started a new job and will pull in about a grand a month..so id be able to start doing some stuff within the next 3-5 months...i guess there really is NO cutting corners with a turbo.

Thanks.

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    haha i emailed the user whose selling all those kits and he told me it will bolt right on haha...his feedback doesnt look too bad...but all that crap can easily be manipulated anyhow.</div>

If that crap is so easily manipulated, then why buy it to begin with? We all know it will bolt up, but getting the exhaust out to the back of the car is going to be the trick.

Regardless, after you install it keep us posted with your results.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    haha i emailed the user whose selling all those kits and he told me it will bolt right on haha...his feedback doesnt look too bad...but all that crap can easily be manipulated anyhow.</div>

If that crap is so easily manipulated, then why buy it to begin with? We all know it will bolt up, but getting the exhaust out to the back of the car is going to be the trick.

Regardless, after you install it keep us posted with your results.</div>

just lookin at those parts :x ...and the guy made his feedback private..it wasnt like that 3 days ago....just makes ya wanna say frig it and spend the extra 1k on the T-budget kit...non-intercooled but its safe to a point. I think ill let someone else experiment...lol.