The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: all motor (Project on hold)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>prolly even an evo engine plus tranny in manila for about $1500... hehehehe.. :twisted: Â*kinda looking around right now for that great evo engine myself..</div>
    lol, i had looked for an evo engine for months. i gave up so im not just going N/A

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(milo111000)</div><div class='quotemain'>prolly even an evo engine plus tranny in manila for about $1500... hehehehe.. :twisted: Â*kinda looking around right now for that great evo engine myself..</div>
    lol, i had looked for an evo engine for months. i gave up so im not just going N/A</div>

might wanna try stewi.. he's got on evos

This project is going to be on hold for a while, an F150 smashed me today because he didnt look before coming into a turning lane. all of my money is going into body repairs for a while.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>This project is going to be on hold for a while, an F150 smashed me today because he didnt look before coming into a turning lane. all of my money is going into body repairs for a while.</div>

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no insurance? it was his fault man. sue him.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>This project is going to be on hold for a while, an F150 smashed me today because he didnt look before coming into a turning lane. all of my money is going into body repairs for a while.</div>

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no insurance? it was his fault man. sue him.</div>
    well i am 17 therfore the cop automatically went against me on it. we didnt do a report because there was no damage to the truck. his back wheel rolled over my front right fender and pushed me over a curb.

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(frag_daddy_2007)</div><div class='quotemain'>This project is going to be on hold for a while, an F150 smashed me today because he didnt look before coming into a turning lane. all of my money is going into body repairs for a while.</div>

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no insurance? it was his fault man. sue him.</div>
    well i am 17 therfore the cop automatically went against me on it. we didnt do a report because there was no damage to the truck. his back wheel rolled over my front right fender and pushed me over a curb.</div>

damn dude that sucks. you should of still tried man. you know it wasnt your fault.
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(n3oAcid24)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    damn dude that sucks. you should of still tried man. you know it wasnt your fault.</div>
    Yeah it does suck, but if it was reported my insurance would have gone higher than i could afford and the car would be parked until it came back down...
    With the damage to the bumper it is probably going to be cheaper for me to just buy a new one and get it fitted than repair the old one. (fiberglass invader kit)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>all he woudl need is the 6 bolt 2.4l block(can get those in GREAT shape for only 300 bucks)
    then just has to slap in some 2g pistons(you can get topline oem pistons for 150 bucks with rings pins and locks)</div>

wait. 2g pistons fit in a 7g block? i know 2g rods are identical to ours .. but not the pistons.. we have a bigger bore? right, b/c the stroke is the same as the 2g but our bore is bigger which gives us the extra .4 liter..

im confused!?
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    From my knowledge the 4g64 has a different crank making the stroke longer in which ends up creating the extra displacement. Not sure on the bore of the pistons of the two motors but Im sure they are close enough to where you could just have a machineist bored the cylinders to fit the oem 2g turbo pistons.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>From my knowledge the 4g64 has a different crank making the stroke longer in which ends up creating the extra displacement. Â*Not sure on the bore of the pistons of the two motors but Im sure they are close enough to where you could just have a machineist bored the cylinders to fit the oem 2g turbo pistons.</div>

ok so our crank is the only difference between 64 and 63t.. i just thought mitsu bored out the 64 more.. i havnt accually looked it up.. i never thought of just changing the crank..

that makes a build that much better.. i thought i was going to have a hard time finding pistons.. (havnt looked yet as build is far off)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    A popular choice for 4g63t guys is to use a 2.4L crank in their 4g63t 2.0L blocks increase displacement to 2.3L.

I think SBR sells a 2.4L kit(pistons/rods) for a 4gcs/4g64.

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=5104&
    7g for life!

are both those rods and pistons forged? it doesnt have much of a descripsion for them.. they look good (as if that mattered) how ever they are a little pricy but i will be going the extra mile to make my build reliable

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>are both those rods and pistons forged? it doesnt have much of a descripsion for them.. they look good (as if that mattered) how ever they are a little pricy but i will be going the extra mile to make my build reliable</div>
    yeah eagle/wiseco is a 500whp capable combo. possibly more with race gas, meth injection, a fully built top end, and a very aggressive tune(aggressive but not sloppy)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12