Thread: New 2008 Lancer (not Evo X) Now with vid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar

New 2008 Lancer (not Evo X) Now with vid

Discuss.

Video

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I guess they are not going with the bad ass headlights and making them hologen bulbs, man mitsu suck freaking all hyundae cars come with projectors but mistu go to go with hologens.

TGC Regular
    Well if they are using halogens for the Evo X, they would be taking a step backwards considering that the previous model came with hid projectors. Looks like a Mazda 3 though.

looks more like a LANCER mule rather than a full blown EVO mule... no flared fenders, no dual exhaust, no HID procetors etc.

It will still blow the doors off the Galant...

Its my next car, got 18 more months to wait.
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano
    I guess they are not going with the bad ass headlights and making them hologen bulbs, man mitsu suck freaking all hyundae cars come with projectors but mistu go to go with hologens.
    so, your car purchasing decision is based on type or shape of headlights?

nice criteria. Why not actually WAIT for the car to be seen in production form before bitching about it?

galant_got_speed
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews

nice criteria. Why not actually WAIT for the car to be seen in production form before bitching about it?
    DEFEND YOUR COMPANY MANYBREWS! TO THE DEATH!

is it just me or do the front tires look bigger than the back ones in the 2nd pic?

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews

This is not the first time and I doubt it will be that last where a mitsu concept car comes out like shit when it goes into production. nuff said!!! personally I would never buy another mitsu again thats for you comment regarding my "purchasing decision".

its a known fact that mitsu just been a few steps behind the game and its evident by their sales.

galant_got_speed
    Well...i probably wont buy another mitsubishi...mine has been really reliable but im more performance headed and mitsubishi's new stuff aside from the Evo doesnt give me that...i mean why is the 3 and 4G eclipses NOT turbocharged? afraid of it overtaking the Evo in sales? As far as im concerned mitsubishi is all about turbo...they should have made a turbocharged 8th generation galant for the US...im pretty sure it would have sold.

the new evo concept pics dont look too promising either...guess i need to go back to honda/acura :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by galant_got_speed

the new evo concept pics dont look too promising either...guess i need to go back to honda/acura :shock:
    Someone get the soap and wash this boys mouth out.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.
    -Pedro

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.
    You know what, I think you're right.

I mean, there's no way that a more powerfull and light evo would have a stock mitsubishi caliper and not use Brembos.

did anyone notice what side the steering wheel is on?
    -Pedro

DEFEND YOUR COMPANY MANYBREWS! TO THE DEATH!

I just hate that kinda silly bitching, regardless of car company. If people expect nothing to change from concept to production, and make judgements based solely on pre-production crap, they're really going to be in for a disappointment regardless of whom makes it.

Besides, the car looks good.

Well...i probably wont buy another mitsubishi...mine has been really reliable but im more performance headed and mitsubishi's new stuff aside from the Evo doesnt give me that...i mean why is the 3 and 4G eclipses NOT turbocharged? afraid of it overtaking the Evo in sales? As far as im concerned mitsubishi is all about turbo...they should have made a turbocharged 8th generation galant for the US...im pretty sure it would have sold.

th
    ive said it here and a million other places..

mitsu doesnt sell turbos or AWDs anymore because they dont sell. At one time, you could get almost ALL of their cars with either a turbo, AWD, or both.
    cordia
    tredia
    mirage
    3000gt
    galant
    expo
    starion

no one bought them. even in their "hayday", the eclipse GSX never accounted for more than 7 percent total sales. Not a good figure, especially when you factor in overall warranty and engineering costs.
    Mitsu still does turbos better than anyone, but what good is it if nobody buys them?

galant_got_speed
    yah i understand what youre saying...i just wish they came factory turbo'd cuz my parents would see it as a good thing "it was meant to be there"...if i tell them i want to put a turbocharger ON my car as an aftermarket thing, they think its the devil and that my car will blow up in the next 3 days...the hell of being 18 and living under ur parents roof.

I hope it looks like this!!!!!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snowman)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I hope it looks like this!!!!!!!!!</div>

it still may.
    -Pedro

as thought, that car is mearly the new lancer. NOT the evo nor ralliart.

I'm still going to get one of these new Evos.
    Love,
    Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast