The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New 2008 Lancer (not Evo X) Now with vid

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:</div>
    300HP is 300HP.

does it matter if its an all new engine vs. a 25 year old design?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    300HP is 300HP.

does it matter if its an all new engine vs. a 25 year old design?</div>

That is true to a point...but when something is tried and true and "legendary" why risk it with R & D knowning that mitsu (unfortunately) is known for a billion recalls. I honestly wish my 96 galant came with the 4g63T hell the 99 should have had it too.

As far as that lancer, Im not really impressed. And sadly Im not surprised, aside from matt I cant think of anyone that wants to get one...

Volvo S60R here I come... yea I know its a Found On Road Dead

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    300HP is 300HP.

That is true to a point...but when something is tried and true and "legendary" why risk it with R & D knowning that mitsu (unfortunately) is known for a billion recalls. I honestly wish my 96 galant came with the 4g63T hell the 99 should have had it too.

As far as that lancer, Im not really impressed. And sadly Im not surprised, aside from matt I cant think of anyone that wants to get one...

Volvo S60R here I come... yea I know its a Found On Road Dead</div>

your 96 has a 6A13TT though

I'm with Matt. I believe the EVO X will be my next car as well. I'm just hoping I will be in a good enough financial position to buy it and still afford the insurance too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4g63lover)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dunt care how this car will look, if the evo X will not have the 4G63T then my dream is over.... :cry:</div>
    300HP is 300HP.

well to me its just the fact that ive grown to admire the 63t its like a loyalty thing or something i guess... and to me why mess with a platform that is kind of like a 4 cylinder version of the 2JZ? with a little bolt-on parts... 300 hp is like a walk in the park. but i dunno maybe its just me... but like i said before if the EVO X will not have the 4G63T, I'm not havin' it... :cry: i guess the end is near....

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, Mitsu is gonna come out with the lancer/mirage/whatever they wanna call it before they actually come out with the EVO. Â*How can they come out with the EVO before the econo state. Â*Therefore, it makes sense that it is a normal looking car with normal headlights. Â*It probably will be a basic run of the mill car and then will become the EVO. Â*My money is still on Mitsu to come out with something like the pictures of the red EVO10.</div> I would honeslty be more excited to see the Colt grace our shores...

i dontknow about you guys but i can perfectly see a projector in those housings
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

IDK, looks pretty similar to the Elantra skyline wannabe lights(2k+)

I just like the fact its got a Michigan plate, that means like every other manufacterer I get to see it driving down the road before anyone else. Just like when I saw a prototype new sebring, H3, and a multitude of other cars over the years.

GPTourer
    These cars are most likely just regular Lancers. The second car has projectors, so it is probably a Ralliart. The first is probably just a base Lancer with alloys.

As always some people will bitch and then when the cars come out and start kicking ass, they'll suddenly want one.

I think it looks pretty good. Much better looking than the current Lancer and much of it competition. I wonder what the powertrain will be in the regular and ralliart Lancer?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I think that Lancer looks pretty good(from what we can actually see). Big improvement over the older modle Lancers IMO.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    The new Lancer looks pretty good. Mitsubishi is changing direction...people are going to like it and some won't, but its a decision that was made to continue with the company's well being.

As for the new EVO with the new 4B11 motor, i am going to see what it does. ALOT have expressed the "sadness" of the retirement of the legendary 4G63, but times are changing the the expression "All good things come to a end" never meant soo true pertaining to the 4G63.

I am pretty confident Mitsu has put in ALOT of R&D on the development on the next EVO and the new motor. I think I read that Mitsubishi has been designing the new 4B11 for almost a decade already. Anyhow...i am going to see what this new motor can do. I give it a year after the debut of the new EVO, and I am sure the big name tuners will expose the potential the 4B11 has. Then we can make fair comparisons and arguements between the 4G63 and 4B11 and see if Mitsubishi "Evolved".

The reaction of the avid 4G63 fans are reacting much like the Honda guys when they got news Honda was retiring the "B series" motors for the new K series motors. From what I read and heard...the K series are much more reliable and produce better results than the B series.

With all that said.....the 4G63 will be missed but still legendary. It will still get aftermarket support long afterward. The 4G63 had a very good run...and NOT many manfacturers can claim having a production motor for almost 2 decades that produced the mindblowing results that the 4G63 did. ;)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    looks good, nice lines and all, and a nice stance i wouldnt mind seeing the new motor either see what its capable of, i just wouldnt be the first one online to get one i personally would wait at least a year so most of the problems are fixed with newer models, bodywise i like it overall

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4&#045;G&#045;rim
    The new Lancer looks pretty good. Mitsubishi is changing direction...people are going to like it and some won't, but its a decision that was made to continue with the company's well being.

As for the new EVO with the new 4B11 motor, i am going to see what it does. ALOT have expressed the "sadness" of the retirement of the legendary 4G63, but times are changing the the expression "All good things come to a end" never meant soo true pertaining to the 4G63.

I am pretty confident Mitsu has put in ALOT of R&D on the development on the next EVO and the new motor. I think I read that Mitsubishi has been designing the new 4B11 for almost a decade already. Anyhow...i am going to see what this new motor can do. I give it a year after the debut of the new EVO, and I am sure the big name tuners will expose the potential the 4B11 has. Then we can make fair comparisons and arguements between the 4G63 and 4B11 and see if Mitsubishi "Evolved".

The reaction of the avid 4G63 fans are reacting much like the Honda guys when they got news Honda was retiring the "B series" motors for the new K series motors. From what I read and heard...the K series are much more reliable and produce better results than the B series.

With all that said.....the 4G63 will be missed but still legendary. It will still get aftermarket support long afterward. The 4G63 had a very good run...and NOT many manfacturers can claim having a production motor for almost 2 decades that produced the mindblowing results that the 4G63 did. ;)
    Well said. I like Mitsu alot but I am looking now to the performance luxury side of the tuner spectrum. My next car will be a sports sedan (loving the old style M45 :firedevil: ) But I would like to see what the new Mitsus can do.

KMXxBadboy
    The excitement for the new Evo keeps on building upon itself. There's a lot of speculation going on at the local dealership level about this masked car with the Michigan plates, as well. Some say it's the new Lancer. Others say it's the new Lancer Ralliart AWD - meant to compete at the price level of the Subaru Impreza WRX. Once I hear anything solid, I'll let you guys know.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar

might be this.. had a topic on this..
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...c=51019&hl=

Quote Originally Posted by 4&#045;G&#045;rim

well said kevin. still wished they coulda kept the 63t tho. maybe just use the FQ-360 motor it has OVER 300 hp. we'll see when this comes out. my uncle is contemplating on buying one of these so we'll so what kind of beast he can turn it into. as for me I'm still 4G63lover.... today, tomorrow, forever.

Experienced TGC Member
    i want the new evo.

OR the MR...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast