The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Specs of 8G USDMs Vs JDMs

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Specs of 8G USDMs Vs JDMs

Noticed that you have I4 on 2400cc blocks. I read somewhere where a few of you guys complaining of stock 140HP and 155Nm Torque?!?!?!?!?!!! I mean. WTF?

Isnt this rather ridiculous figures if these arent at the wheels? whats the 0-60mph timings on your stockies? (equilavent of our 0-100kmh timings) Not saying that jdms are fast or anything but whats up with the engine tech that they are selling over ther in good ol US of A.

Yeah, that's my car. What's the specs on the JDM? Anyone wants speed here they tune the hell out of the I4 or buy a V6 and tune that. =)

0-60 times are 9ish seconds for a stock 8G I4 I think. Like 9.1-9.2, somewhere in there.

yeah, we always get the low-end of a deal on imports. What're the JDM specs for an I4?

9 seconds for the I4 stock. errr.

The V6 is rated at 0-60 in 9.0 seconds and the 1/4 Mile in 17.6
    However, those are a little high, I think it is more like 8.5 stock and 17.

I remember reading, that the I4 stock is 11.x something 0-60 (I think from ipaintu).

Not sure what the JDM specs are, however, worldspec cars usually have more output than USA models (with similar engines) because of our emissions here in the states.

I4 USDM Galants 0-60 in about 9 seconds with a 1/4mile around 18secs.

V6 USDM Galants 0-60 in about 7 seconds with a 1/4mile around 16.5secs.

Btw, the horsepower numbers in the United States are always listed as "brake horsepower" or bhp. That means its measured before the transmission. So it doesn't account for driveline losses.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I4 USDM Galants 0-60 in about 9 seconds with a 1/4mile around 18secs.

V6 USDM Galants 0-60 in about 7 seconds with a 1/4mile around 16.5secs.

Btw, the horsepower numbers in the United States are always listed as "brake horsepower" or bhp. Â*That means its measured before the transmission. Â*So it doesn't account for driveline losses.</div>

with 140bhp and 180Nm torque, u guys have to be really light to have 9 sec timings on an auto box :shock:

I mean the JDM spec has 145hp and 195Nm torque on a 2000cc I4 blk and we are only doing 10.4secs 0-100km/h stock :shock:

man. we asians must be a bunch of fat asses to slow down our sprint timings to this ezxtent on a more powerful engine....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xrs2)</div><div class='quotemain'>9 seconds for the I4 stock. errr.

The V6 is rated at 0-60 in 9.0 seconds and the 1/4 Mile in 17.6
    However, those are a little high, I think it is more like 8.5 stock and 17.

I remember reading, that the I4 stock is 11.x something 0-60 (I think from ipaintu).

Not sure what the JDM specs are, however, worldspec cars usually have more output than USA models (with similar engines) because of our emissions here in the states.</div>

me soooo thinks your figures are more accurate.

I rather not remind myself that my 2.4 liter 4G64 makes less horsepower than the 2 liter K20A of the new Civic. :shock:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhema83
    I rather not remind myself that my 2.4 liter 4G64 makes less horsepower than the 2 liter K20A of the new Civic. :shock:
    Which to the Honda guys is proably like a 7 liter V8 to the domestic guys.

BTW Whats up with you JDM people always sticking autos on your twin turbocharged vehicles?

Quote Originally Posted by rhema83
    just remind yourself that the 4g64 came out a long time ago compared to the new KA but I see your point

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>I rather not remind myself that my 2.4 liter 4G64 makes less horsepower than the 2 liter K20A of the new Civic. Â*:shock:</div>

Which to the Honda guys is proably like a 7 liter V8 to the domestic guys.

BTW Whats up with you JDM people always sticking autos on your twin turbocharged vehicles?</div>

Lol.... not my problem. I want a Manual too, but JDMs only sell AUTOS!!! And till now i cant find a Manual for my engine spec. A GDI! All GDI engines are AUTO!!!