The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power mirrors

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

power mirrors

ok first off i didnt know if this should have gone in the performance forum, customizing forum or the problems forum so i put it here but my question is,my G has manual mirrors,but the place where the power mirror switch goes i have the cable for the switch but i dont have the cables for the mirrors themselfs,why is this like that? and is it posible to put power mirrors in my car? thanks in advance for any help/advice
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

many times manufactureres prewire that cars for options they don't have. its esier that way since the mirror switch harness might be bundled with the dimmer switch harness or something like that. its easier for the guy at the plant to install 1 wiring harness than it is to install one wiring harness if it was an ES, and other harness if it was a S model, etc etc.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

mines a S model and i would rather have power mirrors but i dont know on how to get them etc
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

i have an S as well [S -Class. 8) ,sorry] and my car came stock with manual mirrors as well.a long time ago i noticed i had that same harness hidden behind that misc black dash piece covering where the power mirror switch would be. so first thing first, get ur door panels off and check near that top corner by the mirror, if ur lucky u should have a harness for power mirrors.i found mine wrapped up in a couple hundred feet of tape.it was like unwrapping a cast.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the usdm 7gs never came with power mirrors, you'll have to buy a pair of JDM ones
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

power to move the accuall glass not power folding.. i have stock power mirrors.. they jsut dont fold
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bezzle)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have an S as well [S -Class. 8) ,sorry] and my car came stock with manual mirrors as well.a long time ago i noticed i had that same harness hidden behind that misc black dash piece covering where the power mirror switch would be. so first thing first, get ur door panels off and check near that top corner by the mirror, if ur lucky u should have a harness for power mirrors.i found mine wrapped up in a couple hundred feet of tape.it was like unwrapping a cast.</div>
    i checked for something like that at my local junk yard(damn i love the junk yard )and i didnt see anything like that but i will have to go back and check again so that i dont mess up anything on mine
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzle
    I found mine wrapped up in a couple hundred feet of tape.it was like unwrapping a cast.
    bezzle where did you find it? I checked and have the connector for the switch on the dash but don't have the rest of the haness that would be on the door.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    If you need the power mirror switches i have em. Its a cinch to hook them up once you find the harness.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    If you need the power mirror switches i have em. Its a cinch to hook them up once you find the harness.
    I have the power mirror switch installed already. What I can't find is the door harness to connect to the mirrors.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

i have the switch also just need to check where the harnes is im guessing it should be in the wire in the do some where just gotta find it
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    im gonna look into it.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

i have been meaning to go to the junk yard to see if i could find it on a junked galant but havent had the money to do it as i also need a new tire :(
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511