The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally Ive finished my swap! Somethings wrong.. vid

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 130

Finally Ive finished my swap! Somethings wrong.. vid

Well as of right now I have everything to do my 5spd swap. I will update this thread if I happen to run into a problem or for whatever other reason. I would like to thank John (Dohcstunr) for being patient, because it took me so long time to pick up my parts

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Good luck man, bout time you decided to join the dark side of the 7G's

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

it was no hassle at all.
    its so nice though to have room to move aroud in my garage.

can't wait for you to tear up the roads

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Ok well as of now I cant get the lower contol arm loose. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Breaker bar or a long pipe = your friend. I wouldnt disconnect the arm at the ball joint, do it at the chassis.
    7g for life!

whatever you do don't hammer on the threads of the balljoint trying to get it to seperate.
    hammer on the side of the control arm. keep beating it and they will seperate.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Also if your axles dont slide out of the hub easily dont pound on them with a hammer, you will screw up the threads. Just thread the big axle nut onto the threads a bit and hammer on the nut and not the axle threads.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also if your axles dont slide out of the hub easily dont pound on them with a hammer, you will screw up the threads. Â*Just thread the big axle nut onto the threads a bit and hammer on the nut and not the axle threads. </div>

Ok thanks,

How far should I pry the axle from the tranny until I should attempt to pull it out?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gravy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Also if your axles dont slide out of the hub easily dont pound on them with a hammer, you will screw up the threads. Â*Just thread the big axle nut onto the threads a bit and hammer on the nut and not the axle threads. </div>

Ok thanks,

How far should I pry the axle from the tranny until I should attempt to pull it out?</div>

i always just get a flathead screwdriver and tap it gently in between the axle and the tranny.
    the little green(usually its green) axle cup thats right at the tranny(one for each axle)
    just get the bit of the flathead in between the ranny and axle rightt there and tap away.
    once the screwdriver is all the way through it should have already popped the axle free.
    just make sure you pull AT the green cup, not anywhere else.
    if you pull at the end of the axle you will seperate the outer c/v joint.
    not that it matters cause you won't be needing any of these parts after you are done,
    but if you planned on selling any of your a/t stuff to cut your losses, you should use care

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Well sorry for askin this many ?'s but I cant get the axles all the way out. They are completly loose from the tranny but its the tip of the axle that I cant get out. I keep pulling on the green cup thing but they wont come out. ?.

Cant pull them from the trans? I usually remove the axle from the hub, pop the axle out of hte trans then remove them. I always remove the bolt for the strut fork from the lower arm as well so the axle can easily just drop out.
    7g for life!

^ yeah what he said.
    just so you know, its now always easy to gwork the suspension.
    its by far the dirtiest and most unpredicable work on the car.
    i could dismantle and reassemble my front suspension one week and have zero problems, then a week later have somethign seized up or stuck.

the key is just be patient.

And please,
    ask as many questions as you need.
    feel free to take pictures and post them so we can see what you are dealing with if you can't describe the dilemma

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I still cant get he damn axel out. I tried removong it from the tranny first and couldnt get it, the i tried removing it from the hub and its almost out but it looks like I need a little more room to pull it completely out. Heres an update of what ive done in two days. Its not much and at this rate i wont be finished when I had planned ,but O well.

The axel almost out of the hub. Wont go any further.

What ive done in two days or about 15hrs :?

Removed air box

No auto shifter

hey gravy....nice to see a fellow G owner doin this swap.....as of for me, i just finished mine today....but then a couplke of problem poped up.....

when i start the car i hear a high squill sound...i think it's my starter running through the flywheel teeth....but the car starts...

i installed the ACT2100 clutch set (street disk).....problkem is i have to press on the clutch pedal all the way down touching the floor....i've bled the line and im almost 100% sure that there are no bubles in the line....how can i improve the clutch disengagement??

my shifter assembly is installed good....well stock shifter....my first gear is straight forward (up) then second gear is straight down(down) then 3rd is right up(i have the tove the shifter to the right from the static position instead ofr just straight up) is that suppose to be like that??? my 5th gear is like way pass the center console...

finaly i have some metal to metal sound coming from my back tire(area)....i have a feeling it's from when i flew of the road after going over the curb(all tires poped)......it sounds llike it's coming from the thte suspension....it sounds like lose bolts in a metal bucket..

well i hope you guys can help me.....

ps...sorry gravy if i stole your thread....
    1990 GSX(91 eprom ecu set-up)
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    3inch turbo back(flowmasters)
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC
    ___trying to learn the art of tuning___

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey gravy....nice to see a fellow G owner doin this swap.....as of for me, i just finished mine today....but then a couplke of problem poped up.....

when i start the car i hear a high squill sound...i think it's my starter running through the flywheel teeth....but the car starts...

DID YOU PUT BACK THE BRACKET BETWEEN THE STARTER AND THE ENGINE(STARTER SHIM)

i installed the ACT2100 clutch set (street disk).....problkem is i have to press on the clutch pedal all the way down touching the floor....i've bled the line and im almost 100% sure that there are no bubles in the line....how can i improve the clutch disengagement??

DID YOU TRY TO ADJUST THE PEDAL AND OR PEDAL HEIGHT UPON COMPLETION OF THE SWAP

my shifter assembly is installed good....well stock shifter....my first gear is straight forward (up) then second gear is straight down(down) then 3rd is right up(i have the tove the shifter to the right from the static position instead ofr just straight up) Â*is that suppose to be like that??? my 5th gear is like way pass the center console...

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE CABLES IN THE CORRECT WAY?

finaly i have some metal to metal sound coming from my back tire(area)....i have a feeling it's from when i flew of the road after going over the curb(all tires poped)......it sounds llike it's coming from the thte suspension....it sounds like lose bolts in a metal bucket..

LAST BUT NOT LEAST TAKE OFF THE TIRE AND CHECK YOUR HUB, CONTROL ARMS AND KNUCKLE OR BUSHINGS.

well i hope you guys can help Â*me..... HOPE THAT MIGHT HELP YOU FOR NOW!

ps...sorry gravy if i stole your thread....</div>

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey gravy....nice to see a fellow G owner doin this swap.....as of for me, i just finished mine today....but then a couplke of problem poped up.....

DID YOU PUT BACK THE BRACKET BETWEEN THE STARTER AND THE ENGINE(STARTER SHIM)

DID YOU TRY TO ADJUST THE PEDAL AND OR PEDAL HEIGHT UPON COMPLETION OF THE SWAP

my shifter assembly is installed good....well stock shifter....my first gear is straight forward (up) then second gear is straight down(down) then 3rd is right up(i have the tove the shifter to the right from the static position instead ofr just straight up) Â*is that suppose to be like that??? my 5th gear is like way pass the center console...

ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE CABLES IN THE CORRECT WAY?

LAST BUT NOT LEAST TAKE OFF THE TIRE AND CHECK YOUR HUB, CONTROL ARMS AND KNUCKLE OR BUSHINGS.

well i hope you guys can help Â*me..... HOPE THAT MIGHT HELP YOU FOR NOW!

ps...sorry gravy if i stole your thread....</div></div>

well i put the shim trim for the starter and the cables are connected correctly.....i will try to visualy check the back suspension tomorrow since i finsh the swap around 1 AM....on my tranny, the arm that lifts theother gear arm has a gap.....am i mising something there to loose that gap(bushing maybe)....i was thinking on screwing a nut where that arm pushes the other gear arm....how do you guys get to 1st gear??? from static position, do you go left then up or are you guy's static position between 1st and 2nd already?? mine right not is on 1st and second which i find really weird...
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

also...the pedal is at perfect setting.....im thinking my throwout berring is far from the pressure plate....when no one is pressing on the clutch, my fork sits alittle of center....like 2/3 from right to left....im hoping it's just bubles in the lines...hopefuly they will be gone by tomorrow...
    6-bolt jdm (GVR4)
    16G turbo
    510cc
    OSTRICH
    FMIC

don't m,ean to but in,
    though i'm sure that some of this info would be benificial to gravy,
    its not relevant to him at the moment.

lets get back on topic so we can help gravy in a more linear way as the problems arise.

that way it doesn't get confusing

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

wow you finally are doing it!!! i have done my swap about 4 months ago, took me 2 days and only 4 hours of sleep!!!!, yeah man you are in for a surprise!!! u will feel freedom when your swap is done!!, trust me i know hehehehhe

jake
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Well I still cant get the axles out. Is there something Im missing here or what :? . I tried both ways from the tranny and from the hub.???

Edit:
    It seems as if somthing holding the axle in. The when I look at the end of the other axles and I see that there is a metal ring thing. Is this what holding it in there and how do I remove it?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast