Thread: Finally Ive finished my swap! Somethings wrong.. vid

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 130
    I dont see any leaks

This is what it sounds like
    http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7870b88...82a01463b6d.htm

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    lol! "This video was removed because it was inapropriate!"

Cant handle the awesomness of a 7g, that streetfire...
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Ya that just doesnt sound right, double check your install.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

that doesnt sound like a ruber belt hitting.. sounds flywheel/clutch bad.. did u use a new clutch and a new pressure plate, and if u have a used fly wheel did u get it re-done
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Hard to say, does the car stay running? If so its probably not a timing belt issue. Make sure your harmonic balancer isnt busted and have a lot of play in it. Same thing with the alt and PS pulleys.

Did you get the flywheel stepped to spec? I had a new flywheel and never stepped it, but I would definitely recommen it if its new or used, its an important step that I missed.

Shouldnt cause that noise though. If its a clutch issue, the noise should go away when the clutch pedal is pressed in. My TOB makes some noise at idle but goes away as soon as I press the clutch in and put some pressure on it.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hard to say, does the car stay running? Â*If so its probably not a timing belt issue. Â*Make sure your harmonic balancer isnt busted and have a lot of play in it. Â*Same thing with the alt and PS pulleys.

Did you get the flywheel stepped to spec? Â*I had a new flywheel and never stepped it, but I would definitely recommen it if its new or used, its an important step that I missed.

Shouldnt cause that noise though. Â*If its a clutch issue, the noise should go away when the clutch pedal is pressed in. Â*My TOB makes some noise at idle but goes away as soon as I press the clutch in and put some pressure on it.</div>
    if you used the clutch and flywheel that i provided, then they are matched. no real need to machine the fywheel since the clutch is already seasoned to that flywheel
    (like if you diassembled yoru brakes and put them back together... no need to get new pads and rotors since they are already worn to match)

of course i have no sound at the moment on account of stupid drivers... so i'll let you know what i think it sounds like later when i get on a different pc

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Ok well yes the car does stay running and when I push in the clutch it quites the noise alittle.Then after I turn the car off theres a smell of oil or something burning. And I used a new clutch and flywheel

Did you lube the input shaft and inside of the TOB throroughly? Is it an OEM Mitsu or non-OEM TOB? Im using a non-OEM TOB right now and its starting to make some noise not only at idle but on an engine brake too, but its not extremely loud or as defined as your noise.

If the clutch is burning or mis-aligned, the smell of a clutch burning is very noticeable and smells a lot differently then oil or coolant burning. Hard to explain, I guess it smells like something is very hot.
    7g for life!

dude that video sounds like the aliens talking from the movie "Signs"

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>dude that video sounds like the aliens talking from the movie "Signs"</div>

RUN TO THE WATER!

yea once u get the 5spd out on hte road, and u get to goin fast and dumping the clutch.. you will know the smell of burning clutch.. now ive never had one go completly out on me.. but i have smelt it many a times
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

Sorry to say it dude but you gotta pull your shit apart again and go over everything, something definately isnt right, you should be smelling or hearing anything but exhaust fumes and the sound of the motor. Maybe the TOB is not set right or somewhere along the clutch and PP area you missed or didnt tighten something.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry to say it dude but you gotta pull your shit apart again and go over everything, something definately isnt right, you should be smelling or hearing anything but exhaust fumes and the sound of the motor. Maybe the TOB is not set right or somewhere along the clutch and PP area you missed or didnt tighten something.</div>

He's right man, i am in the process of finishing up my swap and i have checked everything at least 4 times i just want to make sure its ok, but you need to take everything out and see whats up thats the best advide i think
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

did you do the timing belt? did you forget a screwdriver in the oil pump alignment hole?

Heres the problem as of now i dont have the time to do it over again. Seeing as this already took way longer than It should have. I didnt do anything with the timing belt so I dont think thats it. Ill have to check again to see if I left anything but Im preety sure I didnt. Anyways thank for all your help.

did you jamb anything so you could put torque on the flywheel nuts w/o the crank turning?

it is DEFINATLY sopmethign interfering with a rotating assembly

it can't be anything else.

so check yoru belts, and look up through te flywheel inspection hole to see if there is anything p in there
    use a flashlight if you have to

you used the starter in included yes?
    or did you reuse yoru automatic starter?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I thought it was impossible to resuse the auto starter as it was too short.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LJM9000)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought it was impossible to resuse the auto starter as it was too short.</div>

Ya you gotta use the starter for the 5spd, the auto is just to short.

You really need to tell us in steps what you did, and how you did it, and what you used to do it with.

You can use the Auto starter, you just have to take it apart and add some shims to it so the gear engages farther away. I tried using my auto starter at first without shims and it just spun the starter and did not engage the flywheel at all so that cant be the issue.

Now if the starter is bad, maybe the gear is not retracting all the way and getting clunked against the flywheel causing the noise and possibly the smell. Check and see if the starter is extremely hot or if the noise is coming from that area.

But if the noise gets quieter when you press in the clutch then it almost has to be an issue with the trans, tob, clutch, flywheel, or input shaft.

Like the others, I think the trans needs to come out unfortunately. But of course, before you do pull it, take off hte flywheel inspection plate and see if you can see anything.

Can you put it in gear while its running if the clutch is pressed in? Would mean that the clutch/flywheel are working properly and I would assume the TOB is bad/clip came off/not greased enough or something.
    7g for life!

Thats just what i was thinking but on the other hand for him to be on the safe side and so he dont fuck up the tranny or his engine and what not. Best thing to do is just pull er apart and go over it again. I know its a PITA for some people but i mean he knows now how shit goes and it should be even easier to pull it back down. First indication of noise and smell automatically means somethings is wrong internally.

Dude just do it man, and take pics of everything so we can see.
    Also stay the F*** away from the timing and or belts, they have nothing to do with the noises or the way the car is running right now. We have to focus on the stuff you did and then take it from there.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast