The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Finally Ive finished my swap! Somethings wrong.. vid

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Showing results 121 to 130 of 130
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    ok now i have a problem with my swap. won't go int ogear when the car is on, but will go into gear when the car is off. while on, reverse has the gear grinding sound.

before i put the wheels back on and lkowered the car, i had my dad start it and put it in gear when it was on jacks, went into first fine, so i don't know what's up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    ok now i have a problem with my swap. won't go int ogear when the car is on, but will go into gear when the car is off. while on, reverse has the gear grinding sound.

before i put the wheels back on and lkowered the car, i had my dad start it and put it in gear when it was on jacks, went into first fine, so i don't know what's up now.
    you need to bleed yoru clutch again.
    rememvber that yoru clutch line was completely bone dry when you installed it, so there is potential for a LOT of air,
    after you rebleed it and drive for a day or two,
    bleed it again.
    wait for the airbubbles to collect together as a few large bubbles, instead of hundreds of tiny ones.

did you use a used master and slave or new?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    no offense but...
    :Fuckyou:
    oh by the way do you have any extra m/t front mounts lying around you could send me.
    I have a brand new front and rear M/T mount right now ready to be shipped. PM me

Do what DOHC says but also try to adjust the pedal clutch afterwards, it might not be fully engaging while the car is running.
    Been there done that! Nuff said.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    yeah i talked to dohc on the im sunday night and i had to do a couple of things, but they all involved the clutch pedal. pretty much, adjusted the pedal all the way out, and then adjusted the master clutch rod to fit up to the pedal.

bled the lines and now everything is good to go.
    Drove it last night for about 40 min and everything seemed to be ok. tranny hadn't been used in a while so i had to break it in a little.

Bronx PM sent today.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i just want to point out....I HAVE REVERSE LIGHTS.

i was reversing out of my parking spot last night, and the car behind me reflected my nice, shiny, hyperwhite, bright REVERSE LIGHTS Aahhhhhhhh reverse lights!

thanks so much again da1085 and gravy!!!!! REVERSE LIGHTS PWN JOOOOO!OOOOOOO

edit: oh, in case i forgot to mention, REVERSE LIGHTS ARE MINEEEEEEEE
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GRAVY!!!!!

WHERE ARE YOU MAN??????

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I need to hook up my reverse lights hmmm. So how does it work? Wheres the wiring diagrams, feed me the info!

<span style="color:white">haha just kidding Im not a n00b who doesnt know how to search</span>
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Seth, are you joking?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Well its been a while without an update. The car sat in the garage for over 3 weeks because I wasnt able to work on it. I finished the swap in no time, but in the process ruined my extra axle. As of now I still havent order a new one but from what I can tell everthing is fine and working on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by gravy
    Well its been a while without an update. The car sat in the garage for over 3 weeks because I wasnt able to work on it. I finished the swap in no time, but in the process ruined my extra axle. As of now I still havent order a new one but from what I can tell everthing is fine and working on the car.
    dude i thought you were dead!!
    lol

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567