The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: electrical problem

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    jedioutkast

electrical problem

first time to post and I need help please...
    I was changing my in dash lighting behind the temp/vent controls.
    This ment I had to cut the plastic plug off the wires to those lights to install my mod. Without thinking I cut both leads at the same time with the switch on. Now I have no lights that are linked with the dimmer control. I checked for power at the dimmer and have none, so it is not the dimmer. I checked all fuses and I'm OK there. What have I done !?!
    I can't see how fast I'm going at night.....
    Thanx in advance to any advice

Did you try replacing all the bulbs? They may be blown.

are you sure you checked all the fuses? many times people forget about the engine bay fuse box, or some other fuses just because they can't get it out or think some fuses don't need to be checked.

you sure you checked the fuses good? just because they look ok doesn't mean they are ok. take a continuity tester and check if the fuses are good.

are anything else not working?? power door locks? parking lights? turn signals? hazzard lights?

did you plug the dimmer switch back in?

and oh yea, tip from me. when doing electrical work, disconnect the battery. or shoot, turn the power off at least. many electrical problems can be avoided by doing simple things like that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.