The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need some help here

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

I need some help here

ok guys..I have a 2003 GTZ (v6)and I have been shopping around for a few things. I want to go with something other than coil-overs...I kinda want to go with the H&R springs generally because of the reputation and drivability... Reviews are great and I am looking for a great turn response minus the crap roll..And I do not want to sacrafice the smoothness of the ride and have a go-cart for a car...a.k.a. the chuck wagon feel...That means new struts..the KYB ones I seen..are there better ones out there?.. Also..I couldnt find the AEM intake..where was it located at..I went to the AEM site...no dice...Just do not wanna go with the Injen. Also...the muffler deal...is there any O2 sensors I need to watch for in the line of endless resonators under there...Would anyone know where to find a Cat-back...that doesnt sound like a goat farting in a tin can?.. I know about the Magnaflow..but I dunno..may go with it...I like the look of HKS mufflers (dragger)..and heard most of them on V6's ..no rasp..just low rumble..sounds nice..just want to be different...but not a rice cake...SO I kinda wanna tuck that sucker in straight...not pointing at the dirt..when I see that on a car..I am unimpressed..

THNX GUYS FOR READING THORUGH THIS RUMBLING OF REPEATED QUESTIONS![/b]

welcome to the forum....

Intake...eclpise parts fit are just match up the trims...below is an AEM
    http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-597-25-aem-...-2000-2004.aspx

Shocks...KYB are GREAT.. they got the gr-2 and AGX...AGX are 4 way adjustable i have them and love them...Cheepest place i think is Importcarplus check in vendor section for her....

Exhueast why not the Apexi N1, im lookin at the very deep..

Few other things...before you here it from anybody else...use the Search before posting or they'll tear u a new one lolz (they really will)

Your Sig is WAYYY to big...your gona have to minamize it to like 1 line, or make an cardomian page with all ur goodies
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member
    first off, lower your signature size, way to big. save the trouble and do it now as to where you don't get flamed for it later.

second, clear your corners, lower your car, get some rims.

third, use the search button, quickest and easiest way to find answers...

fourth, welcome to TGC bitch.
    -Chris

Yeah
    The flamers are comin!

The Kybs agx are ajustable and members like them alot when they dont go for the coilovers. As for the GR2 many have said that they go quickly when the car is dropped. I wont buy those.
    Muffler
    Im going to go with the 60 series from Flowmaster. No one has a sound clip all I can tell yah is that at their site, the muffler on an integra sounds pretty nice.

have fun with the search button

and welcome to TGC
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    there are lots of places to find parts try ebay its one of the cheapest but do everything right the first time and dont just buy crap i just ordered the tien s-techs they are supposedly really smooth and kyb are good too if your looking for quality and a lower price rance go with megan they also have a full catback system i have on my car as well as many others and i like it it gives a great sound its nice and pretty much a bolt on

thanks for the tips guys..Also..I was reading in past posts..people were debating over the Short-ram vs CAI ...now..I do know that the short-ram sounds pretty sweet...but will I be sacraficing a HP gain if I go with the Short-ram? ..If so..Ill just cowboy up and slap down the 240 Bonez for the CAI...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kungfuwaffles)</div><div class='quotemain'>thanks for the tips guys..Also..I was reading in past posts..people were debating over the Short-ram vs CAI ...now..I do know that the short-ram sounds pretty sweet...but will I be sacraficing a HP gain if I go with the Short-ram? ..If so..Ill just cowboy up and slap down the 240 Bonez for the CAI...</div>
    You're in Alalbama. It's hot. You wont lose any HP not having the CAI, but doubtful you'll gain any by adding it either. My intake air temp runs about 90-100 with a CAI when the outside air temp is about the same range. In traffic it can go as high as 112. Since the ECU resets the timing based on the IAT, I'd be skeptical of any significant gains of cai vs short ram on a V6
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

aight ....I will take that into concideration...also...the deal with the exhaust...I know someone who owns a precision exhaust pipe bender..( I am not very technical here..lol) and I was thinking of doing a custom exhaust setup from the main cat back....the resonators ( post cat crap) I was gonna take out..but I have to relocate the O2 sensors...as in...before the main and right after the main..with that solve my problem for throwin a code..I think I read in an Old discussion that this would solve the problem....does n e one have a better idea...that is low on cost?