The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 2.4 downpipe

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

01 2.4 downpipe

I just recently purchased an exhaust system that did not have a downpipe included. I am now in search of an aftermarket downpipe for my 01 2.4 galant es. I cant find one anywhere...anyone know somewhere I can purchase one? Also I was wondering if I could use a 3g eclipse downpipe?
    Thanks!

xAndrew

the 3g eclipse downpipe are compatible with the 8g galant. but note that there are different versions of the downpipe for both the 8g and 3g eclipse, so the one you get might or might not fit.

although i haven't seen any aftermarket downpipe sold for the 3g or the 8g. usually they are bundled with the aftermarket headers. but some member might have one laying around.

if all else fails, find a good exhaust shop to make you one.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Thanks for the info man!
    Yea mines a cali spec and ive been lookin around at the OBX Headers w/the downpipe but ive never been a big fan of OBX. I was also looking into Kamikaze but I dont know a whole lot about them...any other suggestions?
    Another thing, is their a real difference (performance wise) between 4-1 headers and 4-2-1?
    Thanks!

Andrew

obx makes quality headers for our cars man.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yea, people haven't had any major issues with the obx headers.

but yea if its headers you want obx could be a nice route to go. power gains on the i4 with headers are very minimal so why spend tons of cash on something that will only give you the same results.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Ok I will probably go ahead and grab the OBX header/downpipe combo.
    Thanks for the help!