The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My cousin's Audi - my next car has to be similar now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 51
    galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'>Audi s4 bi-turbo Â*</div>

yah i recommended it in an earlier post but...i looked at the curb weight...3704! way too friggen heavy, might as well turbocharge the G Arel....

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    I got some research to do, gonna test drive some Audis and Saab's

Turbo'in the G is outta the question because the next car will most likely be getting payments on it, I cant jus toss 1800+ on a Tearstone kit

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got some research to do, gonna test drive some Audis and Saab's

Turbo'in the G is outta the question because the next car will most likely be getting payments on it, I cant jus toss 1800+ on a Tearstone kit</div>

just be cautious when you finally do decide...id hate to see you end up with a car that costs a fortune to repair...your G is paid off right? if you turboed the G any problems it could potentially have you could fix a lot cheaper than if a european car broke down(plus youd have the car payment on top of the repair bill)...just my experience, my friends Audi S4 needed a new timing belt...he got quoted around 1500...crazy shit man.

good luck.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got some research to do, gonna test drive some Audis and Saab's

Turbo'in the G is outta the question because the next car will most likely be getting payments on it, I cant jus toss 1800+ on a Tearstone kit</div>

if you really want to turbo the G you could just make payments to your saviings account. drop like 200 bucks at a time. and in notime you'll have that 1800 for the tearstone kit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got some research to do, gonna test drive some Audis and Saab's

if you really want to turbo the G you could just make payments to your saviings account. drop like 200 bucks at a time. and in notime you'll have that 1800 for the tearstone kit.</div>

will he be installing it himself? 1800 is for non-intercooled...is it really safe to go non-intercooled for any length of time? also he'd need some cash for all the other misc items...gauges, tranny cooler (highly recommended), fuel and tuning utilities (e-manage?)...

thats true. but if he forgets to make a payment to his savings account, the repo man isn't gonna come around. but if he misses a payment on the car, the bank will be looking for its money.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Depends on how much you're willing to spend...

996/997 Carrera Turbo
    '07 BMW 335i
    Old mercedes turbodiesels
    Newer Blu-tec mercedes
    2g Eclipse GST
    VW Passat 2.0T
    VW Jetta 1.8/2.0T
    Audi S4, 1.8T, A6 2.7T

I personally wish they would bring over some of the European turbo diesels, I believe the 335d and 535d in Germany gets 40+ mpg w/ 268hp, 413ft/lbs torque.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

I think I've made my choice, Saab 9-3 Linear, prolly an 03

This pic is special

I been reading a lil bit.. have to find out what kind of turbo is in there, what kind of turbo I can drop in there without any other modifications, and I've read a little bit about a BSR chip they have for the car that squeezes some more ponies out too

galant_got_speed
    nice car....just watch out for repair costs dude...i hope u dont plan on beating on it either...saab's are notorious for breaking down (other than maybe the Viggen)...the turbo's sound really good on the highway though, i raced my friend in his older 9-3 and the BOV was amazing.

correction, THIS pic is special:

I dont plan on beating on it, if I get an Arc or Viggen model I wont even do any engine mods most likely, if I get the Linear then I will upgrade the turbo to something that puts me over 200 ponies

galant_got_speed
    dannggg 150...so nasty...i DO like the 2003 Linear body style...pretty hot.

just give me a jap. car.
    no german or sweden car.
    just japanse
    and specialy mitsubishi
    www.md-performance.nl
    importeur in holland of ACT, MOTORIA, JUN and MUYOL
    www.galantfans.nl

I dont think im getting a 9-3 anymore... its kinda hard to find a car made in 2004 or after thats turboed and sportronic, well maybe it isnt but i dont know much about cars outside of mitsu

anyone have any experience w. Volvo, the C70 especially?

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    just get a civic!!!!

i was looking at volvo's and the saab 9-3 but the saab inside is UGLY, the volvo is to daym $$$, so i got the subaru legacy...the v6 turbo models in the legacy are badass check them out right around 28K brand new used 19-23K?
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i'd never buy a vw/audi. especially for modding. i mean you can get a chip, boom easy hp gain. but seriously, they break easily. and unlike a honda or something vw parts are expensive.

not where i can get parts( you dont go shopping for parts at the stealership). have you ever checked how much parts for the galant are.... ? they are right up there. and mitsus are known for issues. little things here and there break... but that's my $.02
    [email protected] <- '01 ES V6 (detuned for daily commutes)

Black '94 Audi S4 soon RS2'd running 28 psi
    Chipset [X]|Injectors[X]|Turbo[X]|RS2 Manifold[X]|Bosch 3-BAR MAP[X]

If you're trying to buy a new car, get a new EVO X when they come out. They will be avail. with paddle shifters similar to the outlander's.

Ohh and there is that little thing, about them being considered one of the best handling all wheel drive cars every made. So theres that too.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Actually the Lancer that is coming out this month is going to have a 6speed auto with paddle shifters.. The GTS model... It will be available with navi, 30g hard drive, bluetooth, power and heated seats, 18 inch wheels.... and most important its the SAWC (suspension) that the outlander has on it... Almost the same setup as the evo X... The lancer is going to handle better than the Evo IX that we have now... hahaha

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    lol @ audi/VW
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast