The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My manual journey begins...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 59
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tearstone)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did some research, and it looks like I should be okay with my current axles - the 02 and up 3G Eclipse/Stratus RT manual and auto axle are the same, and is apparently the same as the 8G Galant.</div>

I read here that the portion of the passenger axle that extends from the axle bracket to the transmission is a different length, which is why in the picture I have a the full axle from the 5 speed just incase.

But that does not make too much sense if you think about it unless the differential housing is bigger or smaller on the 5 spd, both transmissions use the same differential. Hrm...</div>

Yeah, that axle thing has got me biting my nails - fortunately I found a nice junk yard near me that I can hopefully source more parts from.

As for the differential, so the Quafie diff will fit both auto and manual?

Tearstone
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>As for the differential, so the Quafie diff will fit both auto and manual?</div>

Yessir it will

w00t!!! The transmission is here - one heavy mofo at 120lbs! Pics coming soon!

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>w00t!!! The transmission is here - one heavy mofo at 120lbs! Pics coming soon!</div>

We got our transmissions on the same day.

BTW You switching to stiffer mounts?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>w00t!!! The transmission is here - one heavy mofo at 120lbs! Pics coming soon!</div>

BTW You switching to stiffer mounts?</div>

Eventually I'm switching to stuffer mounts - I'm just getting OEM for now ta get-er-dun!

get a stiffer tranny mount from like deyeme or something. you'll get the mount and it will be filled. you'll kill two birds with one stone. and if they have a refurbished one, it will be cheaper than getting a new one at the dealership.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>w00t!!! The transmission is here - one heavy mofo at 120lbs! Pics coming soon!</div>

BTW You switching to stiffer mounts?</div>

Eventually I'm switching to stuffer mounts - I'm just getting OEM for now ta get-er-dun!</div>
    yueah with the torque you will be making w/ yoru boosted motor, you are going to have a LOT of driveline deflection. your motor is going to be rocking around like none other.
    definatly gotta go with the 3g prothane kit.
    you have no other choice
    you can get them pretty cheap on ebay

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I may actually get some Deyeme Racing mounts, as they are actually the whole mount and not just a press in - unfortunately their website is down at this time so I gotta find another way to contact them.

Anyway - some new pics, 2002 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0L Manual Transmission, ~20K miles:

deyeme only fills in the empty space within the mount.
    they don't replace the factory rubber with harder poly.
    they don't fill in the space between the mount and the perches.

prothanes are cheaper, replace ALL 4 MOUNTS,
    they not only fill in the space inside the mount, but also the space around the mount
    look at this pic of seths engine bay. notice the mount on the right side of the bay.
    because that mount fills in the space between the mount and the body it also helps toi keep the engine from deflecting, even though thats not a roll stopping mount by design.

prothane = better

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=3801&

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/db/36/c7_1_b.JPG
    looks to me that these prothane replace all the stock rubber.

trans looks great btw

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Either way, I need the actual mount itself.

Update: Shifter assembly, cables, and pedals came in today - they sent me all three pedals 8)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Either way, I need the actual mount itself.</div>
    indeed. just trying to emphasize the superiority

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>Update: Shifter assembly, cables, and pedals came in today - they sent me all three pedals Cool</div>
    hell yes. gotta love having everythign it takes for a clean install.

boy oh boy i can almost taste it

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    That is nothing short of SEX!

here's the email address for deyeme [email protected] if the have a refubished mtx mount then that will definitely be cheaper than a new one from the dealership. and if you wanted to, you can press out the filled part and press on a prothane if you went that route in the future.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tearstone
    I also pointed Len in the way of Deyeme, but since this project is urgent, I pointed him in the way of http://www.msrecycling.com as 9 times out of 10 they always have the stock part I need and for a very fair price.

Re: My manual journey begins...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, as some of you may know, my auto tranny finally succumbed to the heat and mad powah! of boost, which was aided by my laziness to install a tranny cooler. Â*

I was going back and forth debating wether to:
    stay auto, and get the tranny cooler in plus a high stall torque converter, but risk another failure as the auto tranny hasn't had much luck on the V6 galants (leicoolya on TGC had a level 10 tranny that turned to soup).
    </div>

Sorry bro thats total bullshit, never had level 10 tranny, my stock trans turned to shit, I have a fully built auto thats running VERY strong. make sure you get your story straight

Re: My manual journey begins...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'>So, as some of you may know, my auto tranny finally succumbed to the heat and mad powah! of boost, which was aided by my laziness to install a tranny cooler. Â*

I was going back and forth debating wether to:
    stay auto, and get the tranny cooler in plus a high stall torque converter, but risk another failure as the auto tranny hasn't had much luck on the V6 galants (leicoolya on TGC had a level 10 tranny that turned to soup).
    </div>

Sorry bro thats total bullshit, never had level 10 tranny, my stock trans turned to shit, I have a fully built auto thats running VERY strong. make sure you get your story straight</div>

Sorry bout that - I stand corrected. Looking back at the posts, I got you mixed up with Shane, who had a Level 10 tranny that died rather quickly.

Thought this might help you out http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69243

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AVERAGE)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thought this might help you out Â* http://www.club3g.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69243</div>

Thanks, but thats for an I4 - I have one on order anyway.

*Update* All parts are in except for my clutch - hopefully that comes at least tomorrow - :x

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast