The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dont know if this is the place for this question........

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Dont know if this is the place for this question........

I got an estimate on a paint job on my car. I have a dent on the driverside rear the size of a basketball (not too deep). I was told it would take at LEAST 4-5k to repaint and pull out the dent. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! Is it just me or is that a little high? I also had a couple of pea sized dents in my hood and they wanted to put another one on for and additional 500. UNREAL :evil: :evil:

their taking advantage of u... find another place...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

fuck them

seriously throw a brick through their front window

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

the hood price is outrageous. i don't even think an unpainted hood from mitsu costs that much.

as for the paint, im pretty sure you could find another shop that can do the work, ask around your area for more estimates and see what kinda work the various shops do.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

goddamn! are they gonna give u a free set of chromed out spinners y0?!

phizz2k
    Ya I went through the same thing when I wanted to get my kit painted with the rest of my car... The shop was like $4000 to do all the work... I found antoher shop that took that price way down....Look around, there has to be somewhere reasonable...

galant_got_speed
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCstunr)</div><div class='quotemain'>fuck them

seriously throw a brick through their front window</div>

ROFL

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Look around, maybe ask some other auto enthusiasts, be it old school ,lowrider or import. Don't want to make you sick or anything, but the guy that did my car did EVERYTHING for 2G, molded the wing and sideskirts, Coats of stock base color, four coats of pearl, four coats of flake, a few coats of clear on top, took out ALL dents, even smoothed out the rough part at the bottom of the doors that comes factory from the dealer, completely prepped the kit for painting.

rolling
    fuck that are they going to give u some head to if not dont do it

Experienced TGC Member
    Uh OHHHH!!!!! Better get Maco!!!

hahahahah my dad is a professional painter in/out and when my mom hit a curbe in her camry he went to NAPA and got a kit with dealer matched paint for 60.00 bucks, took a sprayer and sprayed her car, looks BRAND NEW, oh yeah he bondo it first too....
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

with 500 dollars for the hood get a cf one
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>with 500 dollars for the hood get a cf one </div>

mine CF hood cost me 439.00 shipped
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

2G for ALL that? :shock: I was already looking at a cf hood. I had forgotten that the college I goto for automotive technology has a paint/body shop. From what Ive seen they do excellent work. The guy is out of town on vacation for a couple of weeks so when he comes back ill see how much he wants to charge me. LOL maybe he will give me a discount. I know he dont charge for labor, so the only thing ill pay for is paint.

that and a cf hood and you'll be set

I just got mine repainted, all dings taken out...they even removed one that was on the car when I bought it all for 1800. Look around!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

when i got my body kit the place i went removed a dent in the hood. remolded the side skirts (the mounts were on backwards) molded the bumpers and painted it for $800 with 2 layers of color matched paint and 3 clear coat layers

damn you got one hell of a good deal..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn you got one hell of a good deal..</div>
    yeah i know, he does all of my repairs now (that was a cash price btw, no tax)

I went to Maaco, and they painted my entire car, my kit (including lip, sideskirts, bumper and spoiler) and they bondoed out some wicked dents that were on one of my doors. Total cost out the door:

$500.

You see my car. 'nuff said.

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.