The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: headers question

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

headers question

ok i am looking into buying headers for my 7g and a downpipe, my question is and i know that this was probably covered before but i would like to hear any new developments on this

will a header from 95-99 eclipse fit? and or bolt up?

will the downpipe bolt up to the header and my stock 7g exhaust?

if not what do i have to do to achive the header and downpipe fitment to bolt up to my stock exhaust which i dont wanna replace.. just the downpipe and headers..

thanx guys
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

Proto

Re: headers question

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jake26)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok i am looking into buying headers for my 7g and a downpipe, my question is and i know that this was probably covered before but i would like to hear any new developments on this

will a header from 95-99 eclipse fit? and or bolt up?

will the downpipe bolt up to the header and my stock 7g exhaust?

if not what do i have to do to achive the header and downpipe fitment to bolt up to my stock exhaust which i dont wanna replace.. just the downpipe and headers..

thanx guys</div>

you need 8G headers, get RPW ones from tearstone. I have the long tube RPW headers. I think long tube is better than shorties. IMO.

djmtz263306
    well if 8g headers fit so would the 3g headers, right?

yeah 8g headers will fit just have to customize the downpipe if i am correct.

Also if i am correct the 1g 90-94 eclipse will also work with our g's
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

the 1g gs with the n/a 4g63 headers will fit the 7g. but like others have said, custom downpipe would be needed. the 8g galant/3g eclipse headers are a lil bit easier to find.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

chimes in

a lot of guys(used to include me) get nervous when the word custom is used.

mostly because of its price implications, as well as the usual uncertainty behind the difficulty and quality of said part.

I just wanted to say that in this particular instance, a muffler shop creating a custom downpipe for your car will present zero problems for the shop.

this is something they do all day and our downpipe in particular is very simple to fabricate.

and it shouldn't cost much,

so don't let them make you think it will when it comes down to the negotiations.
    i'd pay as much as 100 bucks max.

it helps greatly to know someone though.

also, most shops won't touch a car w/o a cat. so make sure that if you are going to get yrou downpipe made for your header to connect it to yoru 2.5" catback, that you have a cheap ebay 2.5" cat to go with the job..... cause they will charge you up the ass for a cat at a muffler shop.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

well i got about a 3" pipe and a $150 dollar flex pipe and 50 bucks plus laber.. $200 - $250 for just the pipe..
    i put my header on at thier shop but its not good to drive it on just headers.. so if they install the header for you it will charge u more..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i got about a 3" pipe and a $150 dollar flex pipe and 50 bucks plus laber.. $200 - $250 for just the pipe.. Â*
    i put my header on at thier shop but its not good to drive it on just headers.. so if they install the header for you it will charge u more..</div>

holy shit, 150 for just a simple flex section?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-x-6-Exhau...1QQcmdZViewItem
    40 bucks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Exhaust-3-x...1QQcmdZViewItem
    30 bucks.

sorry

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

damn i didnt even think of using ebay..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn i didnt even think of using ebay..</div>

muffler shops can be ruthless.
    i worked at one for a few weeks. man i saw some shit :shock:

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

well i guess so.. i got the old man this time not the kid that got me a good deal last time..

Proto
    i payed $27 for my 10" flex. Put my headers on, drove 1/4 mile to the shop. Got the work done in a hour.