The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6A12

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    tacoman

6A12

i was wondering if this 6a12 will fit into my 7g it is a v6tt i found it at http://www.flashoptions.com/product.asp?prodID=142

thanks

Proto
    no

you are better off getting the 4g63t engine and puting it into ur car, its cheaper and a hell lot less of a pain in the ass
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It would fit, and I doubt its as big of a pain as everyone thinks. If you have the entire 6a12 harness and ECU it wouldnt be very hard at all. Just if you needed to replace parts, you would have to order from Japan and it would suck butt.

But the 4g63t swap is easier and a better swap for USDMers
    7g for life!

You would also have to reinforce the front end due to the extra weight...so I have been told. I looked into this as well and that was an issue to contend with on top of getting all the parts and keeping it running due to the fact that that engine was not ever issued here. Parts would be a bitch

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

tacoman
    well if im right the front clip comes with the entire harness and what other parts do you think i would need. This 7g is just to play with my other one is a 4g64/63T, i drive to work 1.7 miles this other one is my weekend warrior so i call it. I'll have pics soon

have u found a fwd tranny to mate with that motor? or are you gonna get the extra parts needed to make it awd?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

tacoman
    well im not sure what i want to do yet awd sounds cool but i would need alot of parts kinda like everything :shock: and it will be hard to find a fwd tranny i think any suggestions?

ebay man, there is ebay of germany, ebay of united kingdom, ebay of italy, ebay of spain, and normal US ebay.

You could find a FWD tranny on ebay US but you would have to ask the seller if he is willing to ship it to you.

Also you can try and have one of the members from here go to a junkyard and buy a tranny and send it to you, thats if you are going with the 4g63t swap, for example seth has a 5 speed for sale that will work perfect with the 63t swap, and there are some other guys here that also have 5 speed tranny's for sale
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)