The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: subs in the trunk......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

subs in the trunk......

I HAVE 2 12" INFINITY 1200 EA.

1 LANZAR W/2500 WATTS TWO CHANNEL JUST FOR THOSE TWO SPKRS.

AND A 2.5 FARAD CAP.

PICS ARE IN THIS LINK...
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2387590/3

I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE A DIFFERENCE IN THE SPKRS FACING THE BACK SEATS OR IT FACING OUT THE TRUNK PLS. NEED HELP I JUST FEEL THAT IT DOES NOT FEEL LIKE 2500 WATTS.

I'VE BEEN NEXT TO CARS WITH LESS AMOUNT OF BASS AND MY FREAKING PANTS LEG SHAKE LIKE CRAZY BUT ON MINE ITS NOTHING AT ALL.... PLS. REPLY QUICK. :cry:

OH BY THE WAY THERES THAT HIALEAH FL. TRACK EVENT ALL THIS WEEKEND FO INFO PURPOSES. I'LL BE STOPPING BY AND CHECKING IT OUT LATERZ... :blue:

Which infinity woofers do you have? Last I looked they only had woofers up to 300 watts RMS. Never look at max wattage. Also it has been my exerpience that bandpass boxes do not sound well in the 8G and the best placement is the woofer facing out of the trunk not towards the cabin.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Your subs are prolly good... the reason it doesnt feel like 2500 watts is your amp. I'v had lanzar amps, they're umm... reliable..... BUT a Lanzar amp rated at 2500 watts is puttin out a hell of a lot less than 2500 watts. If you want the subs to sound loud as possible inside the car, have the subs facing the front of your car, so they hit into the car, (atleast for sealed enclosures, not sure bout the bandpass)

And if the subs sound really really low, you may have the subs wired wrong...

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    yeh how do u have it wired? If u give me the model #s of the amp and subs I can show u how to wire them for their best output, I have 4 infinity 10s and a Lanzar 1600 watt amp and my shit hits for sure, but I have it wired 4 ohms bridged for the max output for the amp. If you got each sub running 4 ohms/channel that would be the problem

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeh how do u have it wired? If u give me the model #s of the amp and subs I can show u how to wire them for their best output, I have 4 infinity 10s and a Lanzar 1600 watt amp and my shit hits for sure, but I have it wired 4 ohms bridged for the max output for the amp. If you got each sub running 4 ohms/channel that would be the problem</div>
    you also have to find out the specs of the speakers because if there dual voice coils you can wire them down to 2 ohm's and get full wattage out of the amp

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    yeh thats y i asked for model #s
    after that its easy

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    yea definitely face them toward the trunk.. the other way sounds like sh!t. 8)

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

off topic: I think you need to change the muffler.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Face your subs away from the cabin...their job in a way is to displace air, why put a barrier (the backseat) in the way?

like serstylz said, the model number will be helpful to us. the low end Infinity's are decent but you will hear a difference in quality as you move up through the company's lineup (I think all of their subs are great though)

I have an Infinity sub, rated at 1400 watts max along with an amp rated at 1000 watts max. I can tell you right now I'm running nowhere near those numbers. My bet is around a solid 300 watts RMS. Those peak wattages are the highest number a manufacturer could reach for even a split second in some cases, before the speaker blew, so do not let their test result numbers mislead you, they are for advertising purposes.

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

First thing Never look at numbers. They are there to make the sale of the sub or the amp. Second infinity's were not made for bandpass boxes they were made for sealed boxes. Also if you want to continue to use that setup I suggest that you buy an external crossover one with a line driver built in.

get rid of the band pass box. go with just a plain dual sealed box, or a custum ported one. and yeah face it towards the trunk and use dynomat

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

First off how much bass are you looking for if you want to shake buildings then 2 Infinity 12's will not do that. The Infinity is SQ(sound quality) sub. If you want to keep those subs then the first thing you need to do is get a better quality amp like JL, Rockford, Kicker etc type of amp. Then face the subs towards the trunk that is the most common but if you want to try a few different ways of facing the box you should. Your subs are only as good as the box you have them in so you will need a high quality either sealed or ported box if you want louder go porterd. If you dynamat the trunk then the bass will get louder inside the vehicle but w/ the windows and everything up you will have less bass outside, which is either god thing or bad thing depending on your goals.

you guys are really helpfull sorry. i took long to answer i will get you the model# a.s.a.p. and about the muffler i thought someone was going to say something its ok i take critik very good it help to open your eyes :shock: and say MAN WHAT WAS I THINKING....lol well the amp is a

LANZAR 268 2000 WATTS 2 CHANNEL.
    2 x 500 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
    2 x 1000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
    1 x 2000 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
    2 x 800 Watts at 2 Ohms RMS
    Electronic Crossover Network
    Bass Boost Circuit
    Bridgeable at 4 Ohms
    2 Ohms Stereo Stable
    Gold RCA Inputs
    Line Outs For Left & Right Channels.
    Power & Protection LED Indicators
    Advanced Protection Circuitry
    Soft Turn On/Off
    Remote Control Bass Booster
    Frequency Response: 15 Hz - 35 kHz
    S/N ratio: 90dB
    Dimensions: 11.5''W x 2.3''H x 19''L

I HAVE THE THE SPEAKERS BRIDGED. IF IT HELPS.

THE BOX IS A CUSTOM WITH PORT HOLES ON TOP 4 OF THEM..

The speakers are old school i cant get the info of the web i think there
    REFERNCE 1210W I THINK...I was trying to post pix.
    here is the link. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2387590/3

I APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP GUYS THANKS. EVEN THE MUFFLER...LOL

ok i got the info on the speakers

12" subs

tri-laminate hybrid code
    Infinity
    1210W reference

thats all....hope it helps me. :cry:

Infinity Reference 1210W
    Watts 1200
    250WRMS
    95db
    25-600Hz
    4 Ohms

I made a custom sub box for my subs and they face toward the trunk, they sound better than the ordinary box like what I have before.

Check them out here:https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=49104

TURBO= in the making.......

Quote Originally Posted by n1ghtryd3r
    WHAT DID U HAVE BEFORE :?: .... :shock:
    this is what i have before.

TURBO= in the making.......

If those are 12's, are you selling that sealed box?

u should of got the JL W7 those are the best subs on the market, costly but they are f*%kin worth it. it took 7 years for them to make them and they sound great.
    2002 ES V6
    1991 VR4 119/2000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast