The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interesting - Stock Evo IC Piping in a I4 3G

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Interesting - Stock Evo IC Piping in a I4 3G

Looks interesting - thought some of you I4 guys might be able to make use of this info:

http://www.eclipseforums.org/fortopic204599.html
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(themonkeygoesmoo)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont know if this has ever been discussed. i searched and came up with nothing soooo i got ahold of a complete set of stock intercooler pipes off of a evo 8, and to my surprise, its almost a perfect fit. Â*

if you are running a FMIC setup, it really almost fits perfectly. cut a couple of the hangers off, turn the horn upside down, and you're good. Â*

the only other modification i have to do is have the BOV flange welded because im not going with the stock evo 8 BOV. if you wanna use the stock evo BOV then there is no modification needed. Â*

another thing is the a/c. i have no a/c due to my downpipe so this wasn't an issue, but it looks like the lower intercooler pipes would be a tight fit through the a/c lines. either way, its almost too perfect. Â*

i took some pics with my phone as best i could with the bumper on and everything. half of the pics got f@#kt up when i tried to transfer them to my pc but here are some of the pics. Â*

you can see the horn. i just turned it straight up. took 2 seconds. Â*

just thought you guys would liek to know. :dunno:</div>

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats awesome dude.

wouldnt turning the horn upside down let water settle in it?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush