The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Some new mods to look at...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    Where not sayin a short ram would out perform the CAi, thats just not possible..What i was saying is when i go to the track i use a short ram weapon-R and just take out my drivers side headlight for me to get the direct ram air effect, because i think my weapon short ram does better than my aem CAI on the track.
    well now if you do it that way, i can see why. less bend for the air to go thru...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemist aka Shane
    Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    I don't get it..... why would the short ram that takes air from within the engine bay ever be better than a CAI? or did I miss something. I remember talks about piping dryer airducts to the foglight area for a REAL ram air effect. Perhaps that's a better option to try. Maybe a modified and enhanced stock air funnel that gets more of that air that over the top of the radiator from the grill could also be something to look into.
    Where not sayin a short ram would out perform the CAi, thats just not possible..What i was saying is when i go to the track i use a short ram weapon-R and just take out my drivers side headlight for me to get the direct ram air effect, because i think my weapon short ram does better than my aem CAI on the track.
    Aah! Hehe, got Shane's secret technique out of him. Guess if you're not draggin' at night, you wouldn't need to use the headlights and that would be a great way to do it; GOOD THINKING! Pinoy would also be right about a shorter and dirct path with a shorty. :thumbsup:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't get it..... why would the short ram that takes air from within the engine bay ever be better than a CAI? or did I miss something. I remember talks about piping dryer airducts to the foglight area for a REAL ram air effect. Perhaps that's a better option to try. Maybe a modified and enhanced stock air funnel that gets more of that air that over the top of the radiator from the grill could also be something to look into.</div>

Where not sayin a short ram would out perform the CAi, thats just not possible..What i was saying is when i go to the track i use a short ram weapon-R and just take out my drivers side headlight for me to get the direct ram air effect, because i think my weapon short ram does better than my aem CAI on the track.</div>

Aah! Hehe, got Shane's secret technique out of him. Guess if you're not draggin' at night, you wouldn't need to use the headlights and that would be a great way to do it; GOOD THINKING! Pinoy would also be right about a shorter and dirct path with a shorty. :thumbsup:</div>

I thought everyone knew to do that, since the short ram sits directly in front of the drivers side headlight... I wish i could mod the headlight some how.. My boy has projectors on his integ and he modded them, so that the intake sits right in front of the headlight housing... i dont know why he did it when he is using the FMIC of a supra, didnt know that those damn things are so huge...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Here's a crazy idea. Go double stack radiator design that's a little smaller in width (this should still clear engine as there is quite a lot of room up front). This way you would have a direct window for airflow from the front of the car to directly into the engine bay. What you do to mod shrouds and piping directly into your intake is your imagination. :thumbsup:

So now you can keep your fogs and keep your headlights!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>Here's a crazy idea. Go double stack radiator design that's a little smaller in width (this should still clear engine as there is quite a lot of room up front). This way you would have a direct window for airflow from the front of the car to directly into the engine bay. What you do to mod shrouds and piping directly into your intake is your imagination. :thumbsup:

So now you can keep your fogs and keep your headlights!</div>

Hmmm, interesting never really thought about that..i just worry about it when i go to the track.
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Yeah, they now make very low profile radiators you can put behind your stock one for even more cooling. Maybe you can get two smaller ones to replace the stock one to make the project work. It's just an idea and I'm sure new radiators and radiator hose piping would cost quite a bit too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJC)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, they now make very low profile radiators you can put behind your stock one for even more cooling. Maybe you can get two smaller ones to replace the stock one to make the project work. It's just an idea and I'm sure new radiators and radiator hose piping would cost quite a bit too.</div>

When i was on my first motor i upgraded the fan and radiator from Fluidyne, so that really isnt a problem... Getting the engine to run cold isnt to tough really, from a normal motor to my motor is runs about 10-15% cooler depending on the day and if im at the track of course..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    When i was on my first motor i upgraded the fan and radiator from Fluidyne, so that really isnt a problem... Getting the engine to run cold isnt to tough really, from a normal motor to my motor is runs about 10-15% cooler depending on the day and if im at the track of course..</div>

Wow, that's a pretty big difference just by replacing the radiator with a Fluidyne one. Does that also include a fan upgrade or stock fan used with it? I know japanese fans are done pretty well to begin with. I was stupid on my Integra and thought the core was clogged so replaced it and can tell it isn't the same quality like the aluminum stock one. Long story short, still same problem with intermitant overheating. Then I found out from the dealer that all water pumps on Integra's go bad after so many miles and should be changed with the timing belt every time. Figures, I took out thermostat, reverse flushed radiator and engine, and change new radiator only to still have problems, DUH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12