The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AGX 8G-3G

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    8G_GTZ

AGX 8G-3G

Just wanted to double check that everything bolted up including the brake lines. I know the other bolts will, just checking on those lines. Here is the trouble I will have along the way:

End links will have to be cut if I can't finally get the nuts loose. I have been waiting for my AGX's now for a week and a half so they should be here next week. I've also been spraying PB on them at the beginning and end of the day for the last few days to see if that will help when it comes down to it.

Also, the rear lower bushings have siezed to the backside of the brake which basically holds me back on getting the rear off. This pretty much is the only reason why I ordered the struts in the first place because I have a feeling I won't get them off without tearing up the bushing. Anyways, how will I get them off? Should I jack up the brake to relieve pressure so they maybe pop off?

But those are the only things that will hold me back and make this difficult, any help is appreciated. If there was anything that made your install easier, please let me know. Thanks in advance guys/gals.

Steve

Calipso
    I suggest you buy new swaybar links, all 4 of them. The old ones on mine were rusted pretty bad and 1 took almost a chainsaw to get off. (Not a chainsaw, but some power tools and alot of SLS2000's anger).

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    I suggest you buy new swaybar links, all 4 of them. The old ones on mine were rusted pretty bad and 1 took almost a chainsaw to get off. (Not a chainsaw, but some power tools and alot of SLS2000's anger).
    Very good sugesstion. But if memory serves me correctly I think that it is only two.

We actually changed all four. And suggest like others to do so as well. You are there already so might as well. Do what we did, go to the tutorial and read it over a couple of time. take notes on the sockets needed. and dont forget to have a breaker bar with somekind of tube or pipe that will allow you to take off the large nuts. Also dont forget the spring compressors and dont trust taking the strut nut off until all the preasure has been taken off by the compressors. Last have a 5mm allen wrench ready and a good set of vise grips. I all else fails, like us, have a grinder available.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )