The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about trunk lid

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Question about trunk lid

The the trunk lid on my 99 won't stay open. I have searched and found some help but nothing that would seem to fix the problem. The previous owner has put Xplod speakers in the deck shelf, and put electrical tape and what appears to be cloth on the bars that cross that are hooked to the trunks, hinges. One of these bars isn't in the groove that it is supposed to go in and i cant seem to get it to stay in it. Theres an off-white plastic box on the bars that i turned and apparently made the problem a little worse cause now when I move the lid, theres a popping due to the bars interferring with each other, I have a stock spoiler on to so that would add weight to the trunk. Can anyone post some pics of how the plastic piece is positioned when the trunk is fully opened, and where the bars meet the hinges, pretty much anything that would benefit this issue?

So thanks for the help, anyone know what the bars are called? A site I can purchase them from?

torsion bars www.mitsubishiparts.com top right corner it sys oem catalogue

u sure its just not miss alliend tonight i was workin on my system and mine were discounted cuz my CF trunk, so i tryed to put em back in but it didnt even wit the groves liek u sated, so i yanked the other side out and pulled till it got near the grove and both poped right in, try that b4 u go out n buy some..might save u few bucks
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR