The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: got some questions

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

got some questions

hey everyone hope your all doin well. ok so today i goto autozone to get my check engine light checked out and i asked the guy how much it would cost and he said nothing so ok,we go out there and he hooks up the scanner but it would read the code, now heres my question is the 95 galant obd1 or 2 and where is the connector located?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    welcome to the mystery of the year

my car is a 94. has an obd2 connector. also, there is another plug next to the obd2 connector with 1 pin.

no one on this side of the galaxy can tell me how to read the CEL unless i shell out $80 and go to the dealer to use their mitsu scan tool.

i've tried about 3 different OBD2 readers. nothing. everyone at mitsu says "oh you have a faulty or broken reader". everyone at autozone/pep boys/kragen says "oh you have obd1".

been driving with the CEL on for months now. i fucking gave up with this bs.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

damn that sucks i guess this is something we will never know
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

i always wanted to try running an obd1 reader and plugging the wires from an obd1 cable into the proper wires from the obd2 style ort on the obd1 94-95's

all you would ahve to do is conect it to data transfer select terminal, and the diagnosis pin. then ground the 3rd wire from the cable.

maybe it woudl read.
    i'm going to try it on an obd1 galant i'll be running into later this week.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

when i swapped in a 1g ecu, i had to wire up the obd1 connector to be able to use pocketlogger. it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    when i swapped in a 1g ecu, i had to wire up the obd1 connector to be able to use pocketlogger. it worked fine.
    yeah i have done the same for my 1g ecu,
    i wonder if it will work for the galant ecu?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i find it strange that you cant read the computer
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    i find it strange that you cant read the computer
    I dont , its just another way for the dealerships to make money off you. Why do you think the engine bays in newer cars are so cramped, to cut down on weekend backyard mechanics!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

of course, my rant serves as an invite for anyone to shed some light on the subject...

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    all you would ahve to do is conect it to data transfer select terminal, and the diagnosis pin. then ground the 3rd wire from the cable.
    how do you hook the obd2 reader up to the diagnosis pin while being plugged into the transfer terminal at the same time?

1994 Galant GS 5spd

:?: I can read my computer just fine with my Scanner and I have a '94.
    Staying busy is important. After all, idle hands spend time at the genitles.

a quick look at my wiring diagram shows that your diagnostics are wired to the obd2 port.. how odd. just splice into the connectors and wire in the obd1 connector and you should be good to go.

here's a find:
    http://www.aldlcable.com/

read the part titled "The ALDL Cable". apparently they sell cables that will work for the 94-96 guys. or you could just wire in the obd1 port like i said.

looks like autozone beat the mitsu dealership this time

i once had my CEL light read at this one shop...what he did was he plugged in his regular scantool on the gray plug and another kind of scantool (i have no idea but he sed its especially made for mitsubishis)....then he got the codes

i figured i would reply here instead of posting a new thread but just wanting to know which pins on my obd2 connector do i have to ground to get the CEL to blink to get the codes? and how would i do that?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Quote Originally Posted by luke9511
    i figured i would reply here instead of posting a new thread but just wanting to know which pins on my obd2 connector do i have to ground to get the CEL to blink to get the codes? and how would i do that?
    i'm in the process of figuring that out today.
    i know one pin is the grey one with the red stripe.
    i'm trying to figure out exaclty which yellow wire is the one for the other pin, and the third pin is any of the black wires as they are all grounds.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

ah ok and i know this will sound like a really stupid question, but i dont know much about wireing but how do you ground it?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

i was thinking about this whole thing again and was wondering if it was posible to go to the junk yard and get a obd1 connector and put it in place of the obd2 connector and then go to auto zone and see if they can read it
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511