The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Removing the factory Stereo

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Tony

Removing the factory Stereo

This may seem like a simple task to most but I need to find a tutorial on removing the factory stereo from my 1998 Galant. I searched the FAQs and How to Tutorials. Could not find it. Can anyone help.

7G_Beater
    Carefully pull the trim up from around the shifter, that will expose 2 screws at the bottom of the center console trim. Take those out then carefully pull the center console trim out, the rest is just clipped. You will most likely have to shift your shifter out of the way. Disconnect the cig lighter connections, the ashtray light and the switches at the top and you should be free and clear.

Tony
    THX for the info.

you can simply pull out the factory stereo using a metal strip ( usually this comes with a new Pioneer stereo ). just slip in the metal strips on both sides of the stereo then try pulling it out. hth

Bsmallsistheillest

what about 96 es?

Does anyone know if this applies to a 96 ES with a double din

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    If you have never had an aftermarket radio in you 7g. After you pull out center console trim there will be 4 screws two on each side of the radio, compartment, and cupholders. After you tak them out the radio, compartment, and cupholders will come out all connected. Then you have 4 more screws, 2 on each side of the radio. After you remove them the radio will be out, you can do the opposet putting your new radio in.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion