The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to install sideskirts questions

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

How to install sideskirts questions

hey guys i just got my sideskirts today, and i wanna know what to use to install them, somewhere awhile back i read to use a rivet gun?? is there any other method, can you guys tell me how exactly you have done it, what have you used and how long did it take?

thanx
    jake
    2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
    JDM 5 SPEED 4G64
    TO GET TO A MAN'S HEART....IS THROUGH 4G64 egh and may be through 4B11T

rivet guns can be bought at ur local hardware store. u open ur doors, put the side skirt how u want it (better if ur not alone). grab a drill, use a bit smaller then the rivet, drill through the skirt and ur factory inside area under the door pannels (area hidden when the door is closed). do it at the front, middle, rear. if the skirt wraps around the wheelwell area, drill there too. then use therivet gun and it locks the skirt on. the rivet, once you see it, is less noticeable, can run flush, and be painted on. if u wana just buy self tapping metal screws u can. use that will a power drill with a screwdriver bit at the end. but with screws they aren't flush, stand out, and people can just unscrew them and attemp to steal it...
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

with mine, i got some help and fiberglassed mounts on the back of the skirt and used self tapping screws on the bottom and ends