The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who knows about Immobilizers in 8g ecu's

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Who knows about Immobilizers in 8g ecu's

Question: Do the 8g's have an immobilizer (anti-theft) in the ecu?/Does it have an immobilizer code such that it needs to have a key/chip nearby for it to work?

Thanks

the 99s don't. From 2000 up they do. If you look at the back of your fuse box under the dash you'll see a yellow sticker. On that sticker it'll mention if the car is equipped with an immobilizer, power trunk release, factory alarm, keyless entry, and some other stuff which escapes me at the moment.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

In the last 2 months i became a master in the mitsu security world, let me know if you need so help with something. I also have a few ways of flashing new codes and making other ecus work with our cars.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    As i understand it, the 99 Does have an immobilizer. I can confirm that it doesn't ahve a key though. Don't ask me how it works.
    -Pedro

Ok let me reword what I meant. The 99s don't have a chip in the key. 00+ do have chips in the keys. However all 8gs have an option for a factory alarm. To check if your car has a factory alarm:

1. Roll down the driver's window.
    2. Close all of the doors, hood, and trunk.
    3. Put the key in the drivers door and turn the key to lock the door.
    4. Wait about 15 seconds
    5. Reach in the drivers window and manually open the door.

If the horn goes nuts and the parking lights start flashing then you've got a factory alarm. Thank you driver thru first window.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

hmm..ok cool - thanks for that info i have a 99 lol

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    hehehehehe i kinda feel safe now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>In the last 2 months i became a master in the mitsu security world, let me know if you need so help with something. I also have a few ways of flashing new codes and making other ecus work with our cars.</div>

A bit off topic, but have you gotten the 3G Eclipse ECU to work on the 8G?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DryBear)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GOOSEY2099)</div><div class='quotemain'>In the last 2 months i became a master in the mitsu security world, let me know if you need so help with something. I also have a few ways of flashing new codes and making other ecus work with our cars.</div>

A bit off topic, but have you gotten the 3G Eclipse ECU to work on the 8G?</div>
    Yep, I also had another one did another one for David(02Galant).
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

HI. A have a Galant GTZ 01. V6. My Car dosnt work, it Cracks when I turn on the key. But it dosnt start. I think a relay dont work, or the Factory alarm activate the Anti-Teft System. How I could desactivate anti-teft System? I havenĀ“t the alarm Control.

ECU issue

Can a 2001 ecu and ignition switch be flashed to work in a 2000 mitsubish galant