The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: review: 7G complete prothane/urethane bushing kit

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 107
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    i had my girlfriend lubricate and push in the bushings while I held the components..
    needless to say, she required no instruction, as this was part of her daily routine at the turnmire estate
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

lmao

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

LOL thanks for the tips by the way a quick google showed
    http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...ipsetalon.html

at $179.99

any cheaper stuff out there? I saw a set for like $10x or so before...maybe that's energy suspension pricing?

Quote Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
    LOL thanks for the tips by the way a quick google showed
    http://www.cimotorsports.net/motor-s...ipsetalon.html

at $179.99

any cheaper stuff out there? I saw a set for like $10x or so before...maybe that's energy suspension pricing?
    That site has some great pricing on everything. Good find. They offer a SBR turbo for less than what SBR sells it for; the difference was over $100.00.

Saved that one to my favorites.

DOCHstunr would Brake Clean work? Maybe a light sanding to remove rust? I hope to start on this Tomorrow!

Does CI MotorSports offer free shipping? $182 was shipped UPS from MI to PA. And the guy offers $5 refund for installed pics! I was planing on pawning Peanotation's Pics as my own! J/K

bushing kit

Can anyone tell me of a website to purchase urethane bushings.

about 4 posts up from yours someone has linked directly to one place....also, RRE sells them, slowboyracing, the usuals

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Local Mopac (performance autoparts dealer place) wants $265 + $25 for it so I went for them.....1.2CDN = 1USD now :P

got the stuff in a box in my garage now.... Watch for updates.

summit has the best price for the master set.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Does anyone have pictures of what/where the front bushing go/replace. I did installed the rear set and it basic-ly every bushing but the front is a specific few. Yes no?

TGC Regular
    Its pretty self explainitory just match up the bushings and where they go they should be around the same size as stock. Like control arms and shit like that. plus it should come with directions that wil show you the ball park area

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX4g64S View Post
    Does anyone have pictures of what/where the front bushing go/replace. I did installed the rear set and it basic-ly every bushing but the front is a specific few. Yes no?
    you must have a piece of paper that came with the bushings. Everything is explained there
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

no it doesn't tell you which set of bushing goes where. I know from experience. But they should all match up nicely.

My set has a pair of extras for rear tie rods because I have 4WS.....anyone who is interested in that particular pair PM me.

the best way to tell where the bushings go is by sizing them up. if it's too big or small, it goes somewhere else. you really can't screw this one up.....

1994 Galant GS 5spd

this sounds like an amazing upgrade...im pretty sure my bushings are shot...every time i turn or go over a bump i can hear my back suspension making weird rubbing noises

would it be better to do struts/springs before doing this upgrade....or would it make more sense to just do it all at once (i would imagine)...

ive never worked on suspension before (still trying to learn what does what kinda...but i have a general idea)...would this kind of work be a little out of my league?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i was just looking for this thread, thought it was in the tutorial section (where it should be)

TGC Regular
    Do everything all at once. Because if you do the bushings first you blow your shocks and if you do the shocks the your bushings will start falling apart. thats what mine did

Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    Do everything all at once. Because if you do the bushings first you blow your shocks and if you do the shocks the your bushings will start falling apart. thats what mine did
    i don't know if that's true. the ride doesn't get rougher, per say, but the energy is more directly transfered into the suspension. the bushings themselves become stronger when you upgrade to prothanes, gets rid of all the slop in your ride.

the only thing that would kill your shocks faster is if you changed out the bushings in the front that are on the lower control arms that your suspenion fork bolts through. i wouldn't recommend doing those, would definitely make your ride rougher

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast