The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bigger injectors?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

bigger injectors?

When I upgrade to 440cc injectors would it be better to upgrade to the greddy e-manage ultimate or is the stock ecm sufficient. Also, will injector adaptors be neccesary or is their a company that makes a good performance injector that does not require an adaptor.

Right now I have the walbro 255L fuel pump and fpr.

Couldn't tell ya about the adapters, but if you upgrade your injectors you should get some type of management to utilize and tune your a/f ratio. Whether its an AFCII or the Emanage you mentioned, you should upgrade it.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

do you have force induction?

if you dont, then upgrade the injector wont do you any good. we are talking about air and fuel ratio here. You OEM injector already supplies more than enogh fuel for your OEM Air intake, It is tuned to its maximum potential.

so big injector might waste more of your fuel, yet burns the same among of air

The injectors that Tearstone sells don't need a resistor pack, but do need the original connectors cut off, and new ones that fit the new injectors soldered in.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(solofantasy)</div><div class='quotemain'>do you have force induction?

if you dont, then upgrade the injector wont do you any good. we are talking about air and fuel ratio here. You OEM injector already supplies more than enogh fuel for your OEM Air intake, It is tuned to its maximum potential.

so big injector might waste more of your fuel, yet burns the same among of air</div>

I have nitrous oxide, enjen exhaust/cai

My air/fuel ratio is moderately off and I need some ideas. I have an idea of my own, but I want to see what has worked for others.

It's ok, you can talk to me as if I have a plan in mind. I know fairly well what I am doing and would not upgrade my fuel system if it was not neccesary.

Experienced TGC Member
    Do you mind filling us in with what your plans are?

bigger injectors is only a upgrade for the engine if you upgrade the engine him self also.
    if you put the bigger injector in an you done nothing (or almost nothing to the engine) it is not a big +.
    it's going to drink more fuel and it's not running fine.
    www.md-performance.nl
    importeur in holland of ACT, MOTORIA, JUN and MUYOL
    www.galantfans.nl

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well if your a/f is off in normal operation, something is wrong and must be fixed before you can safely spray the juice. if the nitrous is a wet kit, you dont need to touch your injectors, if it's a dry kit then bigger injectors would be a good idea
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

It is a dry kit. I have been spraying 75 shot for about 1 year now and the fuel system is in need of an upgrade so that I can work on piecing together a turbo later down the road. I make enough money to buy a few parts every 6 months to satisfy my needs but doing things right before making expensive purchases is important. Also buying quality parts that do the job right. So help me with some worthy advise.