The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6 bolt clutch

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    Proto

6 bolt clutch

will a 6 bolt clutch work on a 7 bolt trans? i know the flywheel wont..

Experienced TGC Member
    yes it will if you have a 6 bolt flywheel. It will not bolt up to a 7 bolt flywheel. So no it wont work in your case.
    ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech
    2000 Galant ES = Daily Driver
    1996 Galant Turbo + 5 speed & lsd = fun ****SOLD****
    1992 Galant VR-4 #372/1000 Kensington Grey ***SOLD***

http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=1...2c16cc4cc727d44

yes, the same clutch and pressure plate will work on a 6-bolt, or 7-bolt flywheel.

editted to reduce rudeness

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sabzi5858)</div><div class='quotemain'>really? Â* that's funny, cause somehow, people run the same clutch on a 6-bolt or 7-bolt flyhweel. Â*http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=1...2c16cc4cc727d44
    for example, that clutch is made for 1990-1999 dsms...

try not to speak out of your ass next time, thank you, have a nice day!

incase i didn't make that clear enough, yes, the same clutch will work on a 6-bolt, or 7-bolt flywheel.

p.s. the pressure plate will work also.</div>

First thing is don't be a dick about it. Second could have sworn they were different but your point is proven. Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepervr-4
    Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    really? that's funny, cause somehow, people run the same clutch on a 6-bolt or 7-bolt flyhweel. http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.php?id=1...2c16cc4cc727d44
    for example, that clutch is made for 1990-1999 dsms...

try not to speak out of your ass next time, thank you, have a nice day!

incase i didn't make that clear enough, yes, the same clutch will work on a 6-bolt, or 7-bolt flywheel.

p.s. the pressure plate will work also.
    First thing is don't be a dick about it. Second could have sworn they were different but your point is proven. Good find.
    don't mind sabzi, he's just a hardass, as most of us dsm guys are.
    he like many of us can't stand misinformation,

when you are battling it out on dsmtuners or dsmtalk, it can get pretty viscious.

just think of him as your crotchety grandpa thats been everywhere and done everything. lol

so don't sweat it.

and yeah, 6 bolt, 7 bolt, the pressure plate and cltuch disc are the same

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah, sorry, i just get sick of reading things that are flat out wrong, plus i was a bit stressed already when i read that. but, if you aren't sure, just don't say anything, but i understand it's possible to forget. my bad, i apologize.

yeah, sorry, i just get sick of reading things that are flat out wrong, plus i was a bit stressed already when i read that. but, if you aren't sure, just don't say anything, but i understand it's possible to forget. my bad, i apologize.
    well worst case scneario, especially somethign like that, the guy goes out and buys the wrong part based on the bad referall.
    in this situation of course, there woudl have been no foul, but just about everywhere else it coudl have cost someone money :cry:

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    well worst case scneario, especially somethign like that, the guy goes out and buys the wrong part based on the bad referall.
    in this situation of course, there woudl have been no foul, but just about everywhere else it coudl have cost someone money :cry:
    Good point...I should have been 100% sure about it before I posted. I'm glad it was corrected by sabzi5858 not to long after.