The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What are some good tires for the G (what would u perfer?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

What are some good tires for the G (what would u perfer?)

Rite Now the G has yokohama tires they are starting to wear out which is your best or perfered tires i was thinking of maybe Nitto would be good for the G.....your opinions will be great!!

I always recommend either Toyo, BFG, or Kumho.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    mmm ive heard Toyo are some good 1's do u have them if so do they handle well?

I have Pirrellis 16s on but it's a tad on the high price side. Almost all tire brands have their ups and downs on which products suits you best. I'd say go to your local tire merchant and research which tire fits your daily need.

oh just some tires for everyday cruise but u know its hot 1 day and wet and raining the next so yea just somthing that will give it a smooth drive on the high way hoply the pot hoels wont damage these!

Quote Originally Posted by AJamez
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    mmm ive heard Toyo are some good 1's do u have them if so do they handle well?
    I've driven hundreds of cars with Toyo tires. I ran two sets of Kumho Ecsta 711s on my Galant before I wrecked it.

Kumho is a good buy if your on a budget.

Toyo is well priced and you get top notch performance.

BFG makes some really cool tread designs and have great availibility for custom fitments.

(P.S. I sell tires.)

When I get another Galant I'll have Toyo Proxes 4 wrapping some high end wheels.

Experienced TGC Member
    my rims are wrapped in nitto neogens.... I like em

i've run nothing but yokahama tires on any of my cars or any other member of my family's cars.
    they cost a little more, but they perform solid.

they actually last a while if you aren't trying to destroy them.
    and my favorite characteristic of yokahama tires, is that most every model is quiet as can be.
    i've run the avid H4s on two of my cars. and the AVSdb on the diamante... now thats a badass tire. one of the quietest on the road.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I loved my Falken Azenis tires, and they were a steal for the price, but they didn't last too long.
    Now I have BFG G-Force sport, and I like them so far, esp. on wet roads. And they are still not expensive, $101/tire R17
    If I wasn't on the budget, I'd most likely gone with Toyo

I've got Toyo Proxes 4's on my G now. With the exception of being slightly noisy, they handle like a dream. I've had two sets of Kuhmo Ecstas, and both have had sidewall failures. Good economical tires, but you get what you pay for....
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Experienced TGC Member
    i got this goodyear fierce its really good and cheap

i decicded toyo

I have falkens too. But I have the Ziex ZE512 with a 360 treadwear...so they last a while. I paye $74 per tire for 215/45 17's. Falkens are my vote

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius (aka Kimya)
    I have falkens too. But I have the Ziex ZE512 with a 360 treadwear...so they last a while. I paye $74 per tire for 215/45 17's. Falkens are my vote
    my old Azanis had 360 too :shock: but than again you got an all season tire there I loved the grip though

Quote Originally Posted by gtx
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-G-nius (aka Kimya)
    my old Azanis had 360 too :shock: but than again you got an all season tire there I loved the grip though
    Hell yeah! They handle so damn well for a cheap tire! I have NO COMPLAINTS!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

TOYO PROXES FZ4 225/35zr19... might upsize to TOYO PROXES 4 235/35zr19 when these go bad.

actually was doing more research... what tires are available in 245/30zr19?

I have Toyo Proxes 4, its a good tire. I had Kumho before and the sidewall was notorious for getting bubbles.

Another tire I had before the Toyos was Yokohama Parada Spec2. That tire is very good also! It had great grip but the treadlife went pretty quick.
    Love,
    Matt

Calipso
    Can you please post these threads in the right forums?

Perhaps "Wheels, Tires & Brakes" forum? For crying out loud.

I'm on my second set of Yokohama Parada spec 2 tires and the are great. I did not have any problems with them wearing out too quickly.

Im on a budget so the the Kumho 711 and 712s did quite well on the wee little sentra and 323 that i had.
    Still rolling on the stock bfg's right now(8G). I have no idea what kind ill get once I grab my wheels.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast