The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g JDM power folding mirror Rewire w/jdm switch.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

7g JDM power folding mirror Rewire w/jdm switch.

Only cause Peano said i should do this...

OK, so i just took me 6 hours to figure out how to splice my jdm mirror control to my usdm wiring for 7g Galant. Let me go ahead and specify 94, the coloring may be different on 97-98 G's different years.

some hints:
    the strip on the oem wires (should) denote side of car right miror or left mirror.

When i looked at the male piggy tail for the driverside mirror (wires on the door), it has brown, yellow and green wires all with a red stripe, and the passenger side had the same all with a blue stripe. The harness for the OEM mirror control has the same wire coloring, so this should be easy right?

Womp Womp!! :?

when i went to test those same colors from the back of the oem control (out of the dash) ie brown, yellow, and green with red stripe the passenger side moved, and vice versus...

(maybe the person at the factory put the wrong color wires on the wrong door when they made it )
    Any way long story short, this is what i got.

OEM colors -------------- Jdm Wires
    (dash)-------------------(harness)

Blue/ orange stripe---- blue (12v)

black ---- black (ground for whole system)

yellow/ red stripe---- orange/blk strp (left and right passenger side)

green/red strp----- green/blk strp (up down, passenger)

yellow/ blue strp----- Blue/ yellow strp (left right, driverside)*

green/blue strp------ orange/ blue strp (up down driverside)*

brown/ blue strp----- red/yellow strp (switched + for both mirrors)

the controls for the folding part are the same as everyone else has stated
    sky blue to orange, and brown to green.

To make it a little cleaner, I got a donor power mirror male piggy harness from 92 diamonte LS. took out the blk and blk/red strp. and put them into my stock piggy tail, now i have a 5 prong piggy instead of 2, just need to run the wires.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    Ok finished running the wires through the stock door insulation. a few hints to make it easy for you.

Take the speaker out and push the rubber part of the rubber wire cover out (the hose between the door and the fender). This connects to the door.

Pop the top part of the hose out from the fender.

Using a wire hanger, crimp one end around the wire you plan to use and push the wire hanger through the insulation form top to bottom, (bottom to top isn't as easy,) ,
    You'll have to wiggle the open ends around so you can go straight down, just make sure not to push through the rubber.

getting the wire into the dorr is easy with the rubber end out, but getting the wire through the side of the car will be harder.

Use your hanger again, but this time you'll have to bend it like a J to get it through. After removing the under sterring column, I was able to get my hand up and feel to guide the hanger through.

Passenger side; i took the glove compartment out. And for some reason on the passenger side fender wall there seemed to me more plastic and insualtion in the way, but there was a small hole i was able to get through. I ran the wire behind the glove box, and radio and thruogh the spider web of wires behind the steering column. to the plug.

I used the red and black "El Cheapo" speaker wire that comes with speakers for the home.

i like this tutorial...dont think ill do it tho hah...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wanna bring back a 4 year old thread just to say thanks, i needed to wire up my jdm mirrors with jdm switch to the usdm harness, and presto
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

how did u do with the air leaks. im still struggling with these. i hate them
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ok so if have already power mirros . So you still have to worried about the second part