The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: m3 mirror ?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

m3 mirror ?

ok guys i just got my m3's in and want to install them but the wires are confusing me as they are different from the tutorial my wires for the power is red,white ,black and for the led/blinker they are white ,blue and black does anyone know what wires are for what i know my mirrors have white and blue led's.any help would be great

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i dont know about the mechanical wiring i forgot ill try to take a look at mine later but you will have to play around with them untill they move correctly

as for the blinker white is amber blue is blue i wired mine up with amber youcan either go to the fusebox or splice it in the wire to your turning signals

Why get m3 mirror and not GANADOR?

you have 3 red correct...? 1 -red and 2 other differnt colors? Hook up ur power wire, now you have 2 wires left correct...one wire is linked to the WHITE leds in ur mirror and the Other wire is Linked to the BLUE Leds...So pick the color u want and use that wire just dont use the other wire...if u wanna test it just take it near ur battrey and touch one to + and the negative to - ....Thats what i did with my m3 mirrors to figure out what color i wanted...Hope this helps
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>you have 3 red correct...? 1 -red Â*and 2 other differnt colors? Hook up ur power wire, now you have 2 wires left correct...one wire is linked to the WHITE leds in ur mirror and the Other wire is Linked to the BLUE Leds...So pick the color u want and use that wire just dont use the other wire...if u wanna test it just take it near ur battrey and touch one to + and the negative to - ....Thats what i did with my m3 mirrors to figure out what color i wanted...Hope this helps</div>
    wrong i have 1=red,2=white,2=black,1=blue.but i know what the white and blue are for now

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dassler)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why get m3 mirror and not GANADOR?</div>
    what type of mirrors are these

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dassler)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why get m3 mirror and not GANADOR?</div>

GANADOR's are much harder to get in the US than M3 "style". most of the mirrors we are putting on here are made for the 94-97 accord, then are modified by us to fit. the ganadors are bolt on but have backwards glass (regular right but convex left, we need the opposite).

for those of u that don;t know what the GANADORs look like, here u go:

thats what i have

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00gtz)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats what i have</div>

unless you imported them, you do not have GANADOR's; they are JDM and bolt directly to our cars (no modding) but have backwards glass (LHD)... they also cost $350-$400 to get into the US. you most likely have knockoffs made for a different car like the 94-97 accord.

I'd help, but my wiring was done by reelax *cough* except the blinkers, cause someone doesn't have the time....

Reelax always sounds mad. He could have the Ganador's, some people spend so much money for the authentic JDM, like a front bumper for example...LOL

If the lens are LHD, what issue would that be other then the writing on the lens? couldn't you adjust them to have the proper span of view?
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'd help, but my wiring was done by reelax *cough* except the blinkers, cause someone doesn't have the time....

Reelax always sounds mad. He could have the Ganador's, Â*some people spend so much money for the authentic JDM, like a front bumper for example...LOL

If the lens are LHD, what issue would that be other then the writing on the lens? couldn't you adjust them to have the proper span of view?</div>

i'm not mad... i'm at werk... gotta type fast. the issue w/ the RHD / LHD mirrors is the passenger side is convex so "objects are closer than they appear"... but on a RHD car the left side mirror is the passenger side so if u put those on a USDM vehicle, you can't really see anything in your passenger side (cuz it's suppsed to be on the drivers side) and you see too much in your driver side (cuz it's supposed to b on the passenger side). i hope that made sense. you could always buy the LHD version of the glass or have it custom cut... just make sure it's auto mirro glass which is mirror coted on both sides; single side coating mirror, like bathroom mirror will not work well as you will see double images and have distortion at distance.