The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More Power For My I4

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    99GalantOn18s

More Power For My I4

:twisted: wussup? i gotta 99 galant es... my mods so far are an injen intake, apexi N1 exhaust, bosch platinum plugs, aem tru power pulleys, and a spiral max... and i was wonderin what should i do next?? i was either thinkin about a chip and header or JE pistons... i heard if u get higher compression pistons i can get some good gains... if anyone gotta i4 and have some pistons i'd like to know about these gains... i haven't done much on my engine, but i'm pretty damn impressed that "Misha" can now beat v6 Mustangs, Camaros, Grand Prix SE, and even my dads Galant ES v6... I NEED MORE POWER!! :evil: :evil:

headers...then maybe some internal work...but yea chip is last

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Supernova

Re: More Power For My I4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99GalantOn18s)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: Â*:P Â*wussup? i gotta 99 galant es... my mods so far are an injen intake, apexi N1 exhaust, bosch platinum plugs, aem tru power pulleys, and a spiral max... and i was wonderin what should i do next?? i was either thinkin about a chip and header or JE pistons... i heard if u get higher compression pistons i can get some good gains... if anyone gotta i4 and have some pistons i'd like to know about these gains... i haven't done much on my engine, but i'm pretty damn impressed that "Misha" can now beat v6 Mustangs, Camaros, Grand Prix SE, and even my dads Galant ES v6... I NEED MORE POWER!! :evil: Â*:evil:</div>
    Whats a spiral max?

cdaw2001ES
    http://www.spiralmax.com/

Not quite sure what to think of it, I don't think I want one.

MitGalant
    spiral max looks like the tornado fuel management system.. most people say it doesn't work

BassmanLN
    i have the tornado air management system. you can tell the difference a little. i can lay a little more rubber after putting it in. dont think it was worth $70 tho. but hey, it was bd money

ho much was all that stuff ugo in your car?
    :firedevil: :blue:

Forget all that!

Spend the extra cash and Turbo charge that son of a bitch and then that chip will reall come in handy, join the club, www.mphunlimited.com I wish I had the v6 the I could have gotten the twin turbo set-up. Lesson to all when your buying a car no matter how good it looks make sure you get the top of the line engine!!!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Re: Forget all that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantT3)</div><div class='quotemain'>Spend the extra cash and Turbo charge that son of a bitch and then that chip will reall come in handy, join the club, www.mphunlimited.com Â*I wish I had the v6 the I could have gotten the twin turbo set-up. Lesson to all when your buying a car no matter how good it looks make sure you get the top of the line engine!!! Â*</div>

good luck getting anything from MPH

go with www.XtechEng.com

-RON

Experienced TGC Member
    wow hella old thread revival.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

lol instead of posting a new thread and start hearing people to search so does that work?

-RON

Experienced TGC Member
    yea it should work anything for a 00-05 eclipse 4cyl should work for our 4 cyl
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

you mean 00-05 eclipse 4cyl and 8g galant 4cyl have similar engine? Thanks by the way!

-RON

-RON

Pretty much anything that fits the 3g eclipse fits the 8g galant. Although you won't get much out of those headers for the 4g64.

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    Pretty much anything that fits the 3g eclipse fits the 8g galant. Although you won't get much out of those headers for the 4g64.
    yeah the only man difference is the weight of 3g is a bit less so they have different numbers for springs(from tien at least) And the 3G is shorter so exhausts will have to be extended. Other then that most of the parts are the same with exception of body panels and most interior pieces.

best power gain for cali spec cars as far as a header goes is to get a federal spec header on there or if you have a lot of money the DC catless header and DP that a few people have, that plus the intake of your choice and a decent exhaust will give you a little more pep, but honestly don't expect miracles....
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D