The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan Coilovers for the G??????

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Megan Coilovers for the G??????

ok now i know Megan has a set out or still tuning a set of coilover systems for the 3g, but these guys seem to have a Megan set for the 99-02 Gs....................... what do you guys think?

http://www.wesellcarparts.com/store/Script...?idCategory=877
    2004 Nissan Maxima3.5 V6 DOHC

DO NOT BUY!!!! The fronts arent for the Galant I already bought them had them in my possession and saw with my own eyes they dont fit. Get the Teins for a couple extra hundred it is worth it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>DO NOT BUY!!!! The fronts arent for the Galant I already bought them had them in my possession and saw with my own eyes they dont fit. Get the Teins for a couple extra hundred it is worth it.</div>

wasnt really planning on buying, just found it intresting.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>DO NOT BUY!!!! The fronts arent for the Galant I already bought them had them in my possession and saw with my own eyes they dont fit. Get the Teins for a couple extra hundred it is worth it.</div>
    are you sure you got a kit for the 3g eclipse? cause the 2g eclipse rears are nearly identicle but the fronts are different from the 3g.

have any pics of this experience?

i've heard nothign but good things about the meagan coilovers.

there are a LOT of evo guys runnign them.(probably not many evo MR guyson acount of the superior factory billsteins)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i kno talk on the 3g board is megan has a set for the 3gs now but i dont think they are for sale yet they are tyring to get a GB going.

No I am not saying they are bad I am saying what they advertise isnt what you get the the rear coils fit fine but the front are made for mcphearson struts I believe I can remeber which one it was but they do not work on our cars and yes I am sure I got the right ones, because when I talked to the rep at Megan he said they already were aware of the problem and need to correct it on their site.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(02galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>No I am not saying they are bad I am saying what they advertise isnt what you get the the rear coils fit fine but the front are made for mcphearson struts I believe I can remeber which one it was but they do not work on our cars and yes I am sure I got the right ones, because when I talked to the rep at Megan he said they already were aware of the problem and need to correct it on their site.</div>
    the 8g is macphearson struts,

the 7g is multilink front suspension.
    you probabl;y got multi link front struts.
    odds are, for a 2g

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Dont know if this has been mentioned but they have gb on the .org also http://www.eclipseforums.org/fortopic204632.html

Thanks for the scoop all. We have disabled the item. Once Megan releases them for your vehicle, I will give you all notice!

Dan

Dan, there was a thread on club3g saying that this was prety much complete. What's the progress? Basically if it'll work for the 3G, it will work for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    Dan, there was a thread on club3g saying that this was prety much complete. What's the progress? Basically if it'll work for the 3G, it will work for us.
    Now available, got 5 in at Megan Racing and I have claim to all five! PM me for a price :)

Well the first 5 sold (one Galant owner). The seocnd round is expected in next week. have 2 of them sold so far. I still need 3 more buyers. Contact me if interested!