The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: H&R Track Spacers

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    CNascimento

H&R Track Spacers

Hey everyone I was checking out a couple of other different forums and I came across on a BWM forum folks talking about H&R Trac Spacers and people seemed pretty impressed with the performance handling it added. Has or does anyone have these on their "G ride"????

And for those who don't know what I'm talking about these are Spacers that H&R (maybe other companies) have that push the wheels out 22mm or so... This is supposed to improve handling because "WIDER IS BETTER" It is also going to fill the gap a little more in the wheel well...

Do you think it is worth it? Will it look go? Does anyone have any luck with a product like this?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    I have heard about it but thought that pushing the tires out another 22m, would put to much stress on the susupensions than their already is with the Intrax springs that i have.. For our rides to get better handling a chassis stiffening kit would be good, i know a company makes it but at the moment i cant remember the name of it. Wider is better, but for me not a really thought provoking option..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

Nick VR4
    I agrre with shane here
    Adding these can mess up your susspension
    I have also heard that it puts stress on Alloys & Lugs even causing them to snap off while driving

in theory it would work good on our cars. but, you have to consider a few things.

shane and nick have covered a few things but also remember that these are track spacers. meaning you put them on when its race day and then u take em off when you're done. this isn't one of those deals that u can keep on all the time.

also, 22mm thats gonna mess with your offset. 46-22 is 24mm offset. meaning its gonna push your wheels out and you can start to rub if you don't watch things carefully. and yea for street driving your car would look hideous. but for race day looks don't matter right? an advantage to this thought is that you might be able to fit in a wider wheel if you can find one with the right offset. but then yea thats just for race day. i dunno about you but smoe people have sets of wheels just for race day.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>in theory it would work good on our cars. but, you have to consider a few things.

shane and nick have covered a few things but also remember that these are track spacers. meaning you put them on when its race day and then u take em off when you're done. this isn't one of those deals that u can keep on all the time. Â*

also, 22mm thats gonna mess with your offset. 46-22 is 24mm offset. meaning its gonna push your wheels out and you can start to rub if you don't watch things carefully. and yea for street driving your car would look hideous. but for race day looks don't matter right? an advantage to this thought is that you might be able to fit in a wider wheel if you can find one with the right offset. but then yea thats just for race day. i dunno about you but smoe people have sets of wheels just for race day.</div>

I cant imagine myself having to put the spacers in on race day then take them off again.. Hell i get kinda mad when i gotta put my 555's on for race day..lol.. how much of a difference could their be for a system that it most case u can only use about once a week, i would rather the stiffening kit which i can use all the time, and i dont gotta worry about torquing down the spacer every couple days..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>in theory it would work good on our cars. but, you have to consider a few things.

shane and nick have covered a few things but also remember that these are track spacers. meaning you put them on when its race day and then u take em off when you're done. this isn't one of those deals that u can keep on all the time. Â*

also, 22mm thats gonna mess with your offset. 46-22 is 24mm offset. meaning its gonna push your wheels out and you can start to rub if you don't watch things carefully. and yea for street driving your car would look hideous. but for race day looks don't matter right? an advantage to this thought is that you might be able to fit in a wider wheel if you can find one with the right offset. but then yea thats just for race day. i dunno about you but smoe people have sets of wheels just for race day.</div>

I cant imagine myself having to put the spacers in on race day then take them off again.. Hell i get kinda mad when i gotta put my 555's on for race day..lol.. how much of a difference could their be for a system that it most case u can only use about once a week, i would rather the stiffening kit which i can use all the time, and i dont gotta worry about torquing down the spacer every couple days..</div>

i totally agree. i mean unless you're like really hardcore (like u go to the track everyday) or your one of those guys that wants everything on their car (even though they really don't need it) this product would be a waste of time and money. i mean its not gonna change ur track times significantly.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.