The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: someone with ground control coil overs on an 8g

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Censee

someone with ground control coil overs on an 8g

can someone with ground controls on their 8gs pleaase give me the number on the springs at the rear on the actual spring/? i wouyld greatly appreciate it,,thanks

im doing a rear brake conversion tonight if the lettering is still on my springs i will post it up... but they are about 3-4 years old lol so we'll see
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>im doing a rear brake conversion tonight if the lettering is still on my springs i will post it up... but they are about 3-4 years old lol so we'll see</div>

thanks man ,,, i really appreciate it.....

these are the only numbers i saw on the springs hope this is what you were looking for

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/1543456279.html are these what you guys have?
    im thinking about buying them. do you still use shocks?

Yes, you still use struts and shocks.

alright ty. im guessing they arent really to adjustable or adjustable at all then, i just picked up lowering springs from a shop through jigs for dirt cheep. but i think ill sell those and buy these with agx's from a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzzzzzzzo29 View Post
    alright ty. im guessing they arent really to adjustable or adjustable at all then, i just picked up lowering springs from a shop through jigs for dirt cheep. but i think ill sell those and buy these with agx's from a member.
    they are adjustable for ride height; that's what the threaded spring perches and locking collars are for. if you get these AND adjustable shocks (compression and rebound) then you essentially have full coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    they are adjustable for ride height; that's what the threaded spring perches and locking collars are for. if you get these AND adjustable shocks (compression and rebound) then you essentially have full coilovers.
    to piggyback on this, for those who think they are going to save money by getting the gc coils and a set of shocks, most shocks and struts out there aren't made to go on lowered cars. sure many people have paired lowering springs and adjustable springs with for example kyb agx's but those were only made for cars that go as low as 1.5"

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Could you possibly run the GC coilover with koni adjustables? do they make Koni adjustables for the 3G/8G?

And damn Keith! You just got those springs! lol.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Could you possibly run the GC coilover with koni adjustables?
    yea but its $$$. I have them and I personally love them but if I were to do it over again, i'd get full coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    do they make Koni adjustables for the 3G/8G?
    koni was the first company to have something aftermarket that was adjustable for the fronts...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

haha ik jigz but i saw these and i was like travis!, another Illinois trip?? ill prob just keep my eibache pro-kit because it was a killer deal and save for 5 speed. damn 5 speed. to hard to stay focused on. got all myu 2g parts :) this upcoming week ill be looking around here for pedals/slaves/shifter assembly ect.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    to piggyback on this, for those who think they are going to save money by getting the gc coils and a set of shocks, most shocks and struts out there aren't made to go on lowered cars. sure many people have paired lowering springs and adjustable springs with for example kyb agx's but those were only made for cars that go as low as 1.5"
    yup. the biggest advantage to going full coilover over going adjustable spring w/ adjustable damper, for our platform, is that full coilovers come w/ short body dampers. KYB AGX are stock length adjustable dampers and are not meant to be used at a ride height more than 1.5" lower than stock (lower than that even voids their warranty). KONI does make inserts to make short body dampers from the OE damper bodies, but it is not cost effective (and involves extensive modification to the damper body including cutting/welding) given the increasingly low prices of full coilover setups available to us. short body dampers retain full suspension travel (compression is limited by suspension geometry, not piston travel) at lowered ride heights and will much better survive lowered conditions.